Tibetin Singing Bowl

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #95265 by
Tibetin Singing Bowl was created by
I'm in Sedona Arizona, a very spiritual location, this week. I was looking for my sense of humor when I entered a shop called "Little Tibet." I tapped several singing bowls. The clerk showed me how to make it sing. Very very nice sound and vibration while holdingit in my hand is a neat sensation.

I can't wait until summer so I can make it sing on back deck late at night. My neighbors will love it?!

Now that would be funny.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95267 by
Replied by on topic Re: Tibetin Singing Bowl
Cool, Rickie! I, too, like singing bowls. I use one in meditation frequently. The combination of the sound and the repetitive movement of my arm is very effective in calming me down and helping me into a meditative state.

Do your neighbors have a dog, by chance? Dogs love singing bowls (no, as far as I can tell they really don't.. haha).

More
11 years 1 month ago #95271 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Tibetin Singing Bowl
I had a free iPad app for Tibetan singing bowls, it was pretty rough but it made some nice sounds. I wonder if used on an iPhone they made it vibrate (doubt it)!!!

I don't have real ones, but I do have a Tibetan bell which makes a nice sound.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95283 by

Adder wrote: I had a free iPad app for Tibetan singing bowls, it was pretty rough but it made some nice sounds. I wonder if used on an iPhone they made it vibrate (doubt it)!!!

I don't have real ones, but I do have a Tibetan bell which makes a nice sound.

He was selling bells too.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95326 by
lol That's the problem with stores. The look so cool and then you get them home and realize that maybe it's not that practical. I never use mine because I'd annoy everyone around me...one day though...one day.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95335 by

Wendaline wrote: lol That's the problem with stores. The look so cool and then you get them home and realize that maybe it's not that practical. I never use mine because I'd annoy everyone around me...one day though...one day.

I don't see it as a store problem as much as a buying problem. Just don't ring it so loud or find a private place for you to meditate with your sound. Why wait to enjoy the sound and vibrations?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95346 by
Ohh lovely. :whistle:

You don't think there's a difference between trying something at a store vs. using it at home? Becuase, I would beg to differ.

BWTFE IJDGAS

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95385 by

Wendaline wrote: Ohh lovely. :whistle:

You don't think there's a difference between trying something at a store vs. using it at home? Becuase, I would beg to differ.

BWTFE IJDGAS

Do you mean in general or specifically the singing bowl?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95414 by
I made these from files I found on google.

I think you guys may find them useful for meditation (I do)

Here are some for you each an hour long 320kbps mp3s.

(ocean waves and Tibetan singing bowls)

(flowing stream and Tibetan singing bowls)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95418 by

Rickie The Grey wrote: Do you mean in general or specifically the singing bowl?

Both, I guess. In the example of a singing bowl when you try it at the store there's usually a person showing you how to use it and encouraging you to have fun. You don't have to worry about the volume and you are most likely in a shopping mood.

At home, you might be encouraged not to use it. It annoys the dog, annoys the cat, annoys the roommate, etc. Not that singing bowls are bad...it's just they're not always practical for meditation...well unless you're a homeowner who makes the rules. As a renter or someone living with others...well then you have to compromise.

But really my first post was not meant to start a discussion about stores and buying. I was trying to to be silly and share my own experience. (the store comment was sarcastic)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi