Tea

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107843 by
Replied by on topic Tea
Aye. I do enjoy a good Chai tea every now and then.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #107852 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Tea
I'm on Jasmine Green at the moment, but sometimes I do my own blends with strange herbs. Traditional Chinese Medicine has some nice/foul tasting blends, and it reminds me of a witches cauldron with all the strange looking things that get thrown in!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107868 by
Replied by on topic Tea
my usual choice is green tea, clear,for all of the health benefits, and the taste isn't as acidic, but orange peeko, which a black tes is nice with lots of milk(and a cookie), but my guilty pleasure is Hot Cinnamon Spice, a blend of black tea and a 5 cinnamon blend with orange peel,(it tastes like the cinnamon heart candy, but no sugr added or needed) oh and cinnamon is another antioxidant.
seems no matter what you choose Ace you can't go wrong!!

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 10 months ago #107874 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Tea
I love tea :)

I live on a combination of Green tea and rosehips during the day and end off with valerian with peppermint at night.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #108182 by
Replied by on topic Tea
I'd have to say my favorites are black tea with milk and green tea, both hot and iced.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #108183 by
Replied by on topic Tea
I don't seem to do the whole "milk" with tea thing right... every time I try to do it myself, it never goes right.

I think my problem is that I don't heat the milk before adding it to the tea... lol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #123357 by
Replied by on topic Tea
I'm a big tea fan. I tend to like the darker, richer varieties like Assam, and smoked teas like lapsang souchong or a nice Russian caravan.

I do "do" other types of tea, oolong and the occasional green or herbal tea (this stuff is great before bed) but black tea with a little milk is heaven.

Connor Lidell wrote: I don't seem to do the whole "milk" with tea thing right... every time I try to do it myself, it never goes right.

I think my problem is that I don't heat the milk before adding it to the tea... lol.

I don't either (I haven't heard of doing so and in the UK it's rare to drink black tea without milk), the key is a combination of just enough milk combined with the perfect amount of time brewing the tea, which can be anything up to 4 minutes. Different types of tea and cup sizes call for different amounts of milk as well. Nothing worse than weak milky tea, imho.

There are few pleasures like pouring a little milk into a properly brewed, wide-brimmed cup of tea and watching the liquids cloud and swirl together until the whole thing becomes... well, a nice cup of tea!
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123358 by
Replied by on topic Tea
i like sweet tea, lots of sugar. milo's is the best brand around here.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123359 by
Replied by on topic Tea
It's funny, I used to hate tea without sugar but now I can't drink it, it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

For a day-to-day tea I'm enjoying Thompsons Signature Blend, it has a slight bitterness which feels nice and old fashioned. They also do an awesome Irish Breakfast which does a half-decent job waking me up every day.

More
10 years 5 months ago #123360 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Tea
I stick with the normal Earl Grey that I get from a little shoppe down the way ...

Need a new tea pot though ; the cat had a go at the last one.

Now, I still have a cat, but no tea pot.

:angry:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi