april 2010 buddhist rite roll call

More
12 years 5 months ago #44382 by Adder
Yep, I think I'd also be within this SIG/Rite as well.

Though raised Catholic I ended up reading a fair bit more about Zen and Tibetan Buddhism then any other religion/belief/philosophy. Since doing the Initiates course it has reignited my reading into Buddhism, and so now its become intertwined with my learnings about the Jedi path.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #46748 by
New here but very excited about my journey. As an adult I identify myself more as a taoist and somewhat a zen buddhist. The link between Taosim and the Force is what led me to explore the Jedi path so here I am!

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 3 months ago #46768 by RyuJin
welcome to totjo's buddhist SIG(special interest group)

taoist concepts have led many of us to jediism, as has zen concepts...martial arts led me to zen, which interestingly enough used to be taught in conjunction with each other, then at some point they became separated...many martial artists end up re-uniting the two(often without even knowing)

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #46786 by
i first stared studying yang style tai chi back in 98. I learned the basic short forms from a Japanese neighbr of mine and she was amazing. She was very much into the spiritual aspect/zen part of it all which was ingrained in me from the beginning in a way. I know study Korean martial arts of hu kuk mu sul and hapkido as well as continuing the tai chi all along so they just naturally all go hand in hand for me. I have always felt learning the art with the spiritual aspect of it leaves a void. It is great to be able to connect with others on similar paths and I hope to learn much from the firends and colleagues I will make here. Thanks again for the words of encouragement
RM

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #47573 by
Hello to all. Of the best known religions Buddhism is the one I identify with most. I am particularly interested in Zen and the code of Bushido. I only discovered TOTJO a few days ago but I already feel that I have learnt a lot.

In order to live, you must be willing to die.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #52779 by
Present! Though it's definitely not 2010 anymore. XD

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi