The Appeal of Buddhism (Jediism??) in the ModernWorld

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #27190 by
I can totally understand where that one is coming from Master Garm.
I came from a Mennonite background when i was young,i have looked into Buddhism,which i too have picked up some choice tidbits for my buffet,my life has been a bit of a strange path up to this point which is why i am looking outside of the box for some kind of \"fit\"in the world. The Force lends itself quite nicely too my pattern of beliefs at this point,but I am kind of torn between buddhist and pure land rites.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 3 months ago #27193 by RyuJin
in the end that is all one can do...take bits and pieces from here and there and assemble them into something that makes sense to the individual. to rip a line from the movie \"dogma\": it doesn't matter what you believe, just that you do believe.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 3 months ago #27196 by Jon
Good point RyuJin. Not to believe in anything is like a void, there is no potential. And I loved that film.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
14 years 3 months ago #27197 by Garm
Just to clairify something, I am head of the Buddhist Rite for this moment, but I am officially a member of the Spiritual Humanism - Non-Religion Spiritual Path, hence the reason for my holocron being there.

I took the position in order to keep the Buddhist Rite alive until a real practicing Buddhist comes forward to replace me.

It just goes to show that no matter what or where we think we belong, in the end we are Jedi and we can do whatever, or assume whatever position that is necessary to keep all aspects of the Temple rolling along...

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #27203 by Jon
If everyone were honest that would be true of anyone in any religion. I could relate to Buddhism upto a point, the point where I was told that life as a whole is suffering, that Jesus Christ was a nice person but had not achieved very much since he did not practice Dharma, and that God didn`t exist.

...And Master Garm I think you are doing a wonderful job as Cardinal Bishop of the Buddhist Rite.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Jon.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi