Reincarnation Thoughts

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #27030 by
Replied by on topic Re:Reincarnation Thoughts
Just to throw another concept into the arena - given 'time' is a human invention and concept - should it then not be the case if everything is cyclic in nature - sooner or later - were going to 'bump' into the same 'spirits'.

Also - if the human population is ever increasing (as it is at present) where to the 'new' spirits come from? are we getting lots of blank sheets with some 'recycled' ones thrown in?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 4 months ago #27035 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:Reincarnation Thoughts
if you look at the hindu concept of reincarnation we don't always come back in the same form ie human...some come back as bugs, or other \"lower animals\" karma dictates the form you return in...just a thought

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #27037 by
Yup - which poses another issue in my little grey cell - if folk 'remember' being a knight or samurai (all the usual predictable things) then why does no one remember being a mouse or chicken or dog or t-rex....

Just a weird observation of mine :lol:

MTFBWY - A

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 4 months ago #27039 by RyuJin
lol cuz my brain wasn't big enough to hold memories..(t-rex peabrain):laugh:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #27042 by
In my last life - I was a hamster - ill tempered, short sighted and slept all day, ate all night and hoarded what I liked best :lol:

BTW - I doubt t-rex was such a peabrain - very few if any mid to top ranked predators are/were dumb and while olde rex wasnt the biggest hunter around - (s)he sure had the tools for the job

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 4 months ago #27043 by RyuJin
most predators rarely are dimwitted....they simply get viewed that way....wouldn't it be hilarious to travel back in time and discover that dino's were rocket scientists...and died cuz they were too smart for their own good :P

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #27055 by
caused global warming by using jets too often and rockets for unnecessary things...

the mind boggles :lol:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #28973 by
i absolutely loved reading this as a Jedi and a nerd! this has to be one of the best ways of explaining reincarnation i have heard for a long time

thanks for taking the time to post this up :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50080 by
Replied by on topic Re: Reincarnation Thoughts
Reincarnation is recognize as a "fact" in many religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, shamanism, otherkin/starseed movements etc.). They all have similar explainations to it.

In most, reincarnation is a process where the souls can achieve themself when one life is'nt enaugh. To reincarn ourself to get better as individual, to pay our karma and to enlight ourself as to purge our soul from our inperfections before to finaly accessing to the Nirvana. But some souls are ment to stay as spiritual guides for the others, as the Dalai Lama.

In shamanism, the Gaia principle is related to reicarnation aswell. Gaia as Earth's spiritual entity give souls the the new borns before collecting them after their death, to expend Earth's collective knowledge. In shamanism, all beings (plants, animals, humans even rocks and rivers) are connect to the Earth's soul. As it, sometime, a soul might be "recall" as living being to evolve and to gather knowledge as to help other beings to evolve further.

For otherkins, souls from various creatures (mythical, animal as spiritual entities) are incarning themself in human vessels. To explore humanity, to evolve as entity, as to give to humans a view of the world who'snt human'like. They generaly think of themself as if a mistake occured on the "souls chain line", like if their souls been put into a human vessels by mistake while believing that it happened for a good reason. Most otherkins believing in the "Veil fall" an event where the veil seperating this realm from others will fall, they think of themself as Earth guardians/protectors.

For starseed (and many "light workers"), aliens and high entities (light)souls reincarn themself on Earth to show their light path, to awaken human's consciousness and to elevate human's vibrations. Starseed do feel a connection to the stars while not feeling at home on Earth, like strangers to Earthling's ways. Most starseed believing in an event where Earth's vibration will be elevated as they think to be here to help humans for this transition.

In most(if not all) beliefs/religions there's sacred texts where souls are call back and forth in one (or more) vessel after their death (Jesus, apocalypse avenment, Buddha, Dalai Lama, Krisna, Osiris etc...)

In near death experiences, peoples leaving their body, floating over it. Sciences can't say that souls don't exist as there's always sceptics who'll always found reasons to explain mystical phenomenons. Many things should stay mystical as they are. No matter if all views are true or not, if someone believe in something and it helping him to get a better person, as to help others... it's a good faith.

More
10 years 7 months ago #118741 by Lykeios Little Raven
I used to have a specifically worked out idea of how I believed reincarnation worked. I even wrote it all down in an essay format. It was all fairly scientific and Jedi-like (this before I was a Jedi) in its mechanics. Now, however, I've abandoned that as I've come to realize more and more that what happens after we die really is not relevant to current life. Whether reincarnation happens or not I don't know (though I do believe it does) and it really doesn't matter. If we dissolve into nothingness after death that's fine by me as it has no bearing on my current actions. I was always going to live my life to the fullest anyway because who really knows if we'll get another chance. Even if we do get second or third or hundredth chances, who's to say we'll know who we are and who we have been?

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi