Zen message

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #15491 by
Zen message was created by
Hello all,

Our first message is from Reverend Kendo Rich Hart of the Clear Mountain Zen Center. Reverend Hart began his formal study of Zen in 1960 with Eido Shimano Roshi, with whom he studied for approximately ten years. Shortly thereafter Reverend Hart met Joshu Sasaki Roshi, which was the start of a twenty five year relationship. Reverend Hart completed his monastic training at Mt. Baldy of Rinzai-ji in California. In addition, Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche also had a strong influence in Revernd Hart's spiritual practice, both as a teacher and a friend. He's a cantankerous old fella, but a wonderful man none the less. So without further ado I give to you Reverend Hart.................

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2507113569020556304&hl=en

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #15497 by
Replied by on topic Re:Zen message
\"How is that?\" \"Nice.\"
Love it.

Lately I've been contemplating the idea of Wei Wu Wei; of having your actions so in tune with The Way of the Force that it seems like you're not doing anything. What the Reverend was saying was very illuminating.
Thank you for that!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #15526 by
Thank you, Master Merin, that was both entertaining and informative.

I still believe the Jedi aren't much different from Zen Buddhists. There's good teaching for me in this sort of stuff. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16680 by
Here's another one from Kendo Hart..................

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4472835179197600664&hl=en

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16686 by
I like these video's but he does sort of remind me of the Cult Leader from Apocalypse Now :D

No disrespect meant, I like this chaps style, and the way he likes to subtly mock himself. Id love to meet him, more than likely NEVER going to happen tho (well, never as in my own lifetime anyway)

MTFBWY - A

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16688 by
It's funny you should say that, he came off that way to me too. He's a good guy though by all accounts. If your ever in town your welcome to come with me to meet him. He's not only two towns over from me but also the head of the center I'll be attending this summer.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #16689 by
When he was asking about the stick saying what are you going to call it, I had two thoughts, 1) tree and 2) life.

I too was rather impressed with him. Thank you very much Master Merin.
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi