Sadhguru is my Yoda

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #321880 by
Sadhguru is my Yoda was created by
https://www.youtube.com/user/sadhguru I think many of you might find the teachings of sadhguru of use. He is a pragmatic guru and his teachings fit well with my understanding of the jedi way. I hope this is useful to some of you,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #338377 by
Replied by on topic Sadhguru is my Yoda
You are not a Jedi yet.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #338379 by

Tyfighter wrote: You are not a Jedi yet.

To point out fact, they are; while you are not able to apply for temple membership yet, per our rules, Woodlander has been with us at least a year. Assuming they have applied for temple membership (which will be available to you in approximately 6 days), and been accepted, than they most certainly are Jedi.
That is the common practice, here: if you adhere to, or otherwise try to follow Jedi teachings and philosophy, you're Jedi. Jedi is not a coveted title, nor is it a Jedis role to tell others what path is theirs to follow.
I'd recommend you read through our FAQ, as well as other introductory information.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #338380 by
I need to provide the caveat:

I'm on the mobile version of the website, which does not show me membership status, only how long a person has been registered with us.

If I am mistaken on Woodlanders membership status, well, my point still stands that you're out of line to address them in this needlessly aggressive manner.

More
4 years 10 months ago #338945 by J. K. Barger
Replied by J. K. Barger on topic Sadhguru is my Yoda
Yoda is my sadguru...

OM SRI YODAJI NAMAH!

The Force is with you, always.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338987 by
I support a recommendation for listening to the teachings of Sadhguru, but also offer a caution toward consideration of becoming a devotee.

In my experience - and I'm not young - becoming a dedicated disciple of a guru is most often dangerous. In younger years, I was exposed to several - Adi Da, Atmananda, lightly to Rajneesh, and a little more recently to the Berg family. Each of these had something positive to offer, even something for which many of us thirst. Each was insightful, well versed in several of the world's major religious traditions, witty, charismatic, and intelligent. Each offered inspiration and guidance for living that is not readily available from other sources, at least to many of us in the West. Yet each has been found to be manipulative of their students, and engaged in some mix of financial, sexual, and/or drug abuse. A couple even were involved in attempted murder.

Sadhguru is at least suspect of some of the same traits. His talks can be enlightening and genuinely useful, but there are reports by former devotees of financial manipulation and of being essentially imprisoned during workshops, not allowed to leave even to attend to medical needs. He was charged, though acquitted, of murdering his wife - whom he claims voluntarily left her body by being absorbed in mahasamadhi. His father-in-law still apparently believes in his guilt.

I wouldn't go so far as to try to convince a devotee of his to turn away; that's a personal choice, and requires much more input and consideration than just these few paragraphs. But if anyone reading this is part of that community, I'd at least advise - be careful, be aware. Keep your eyes open, and don't be willing to excuse an infringement of your rights, your worth, or your pocketbook because of your guru's special status. Same applies to anyone who asserts they can be a one-of-a-kind conduit to your enlightenment, especially if there's a charge involved.

May the Force be with you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi