Buddhist Geeks

More
10 years 1 week ago #144022 by J. K. Barger
Buddhist Geeks was created by J. K. Barger
Anybody listen to Buddhist Geeks? I open this thread up for us all to post our favorite episodes!

http://www.buddhistgeeks.com/2014/04/bg-316-dharma-uncertainty-business/

I loved this one because it talks about accepting who we are as being just right for everything we do. Especially as a Jedi. The Darkside is everywhere- we encounter it at school, on the bus, at the gym, board meetings, the grocery store, Thursday night kickball, and sadly, sometimes at home. Operating in the face of this, we choose every day what we do knowing that uncertainty is there. Taking responsibility (being friendly with our demons) for our actions, taking our Great Works into our own hands and not being idle or dysfunctional, we really go for refuge in the Three Jewels like never before.

This feels like the Lightside to me- the greatest power of the Force.

The Force is with you, always.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #144025 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Buddhist Geeks
I used to listen to their podcasts when I went to the gym instead of music. I love their easy understable way of talking about Buddhism and how it can be just become part of everyday life instead of worrying about how to make beliefs fit. They have interesting and engaging discussions too.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #144079 by
Replied by on topic Buddhist Geeks
No, but I'll definitely check it out! This looks really cool.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 days ago #144329 by
Replied by on topic Buddhist Geeks
Thanks very much, J. K.! I'm enjoying Buddhist Geeks. It actually led me to a couple other interesting Buddhist podcasts - and while browsing through the Secular Buddhist podcast archive, I found this:

Episode 177 :: Matthew Bortolin :: The Dharma of Star Wars
Author and Zen Buddhist Matthew Bortolin joins us to speak about his book, The Dharma of Star Wars.

I also noticed -this discussion- in the Buddhist Geeks archive. Unfortunately, I haven't listened to either, but thought I'd share anyway.

More
10 years 3 days ago #144574 by J. K. Barger
Replied by J. K. Barger on topic Buddhist Geeks
Nice, I'm glad you dig it Arcade! I have that book- so I will have to get on that podcast tonight! Thanks for the find- always amazing what turns up after a little digging :)

The Force is with you, always.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi