Taoism: Is it what I think?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #118690 by
Replied by on topic Taoism: Is it what I think?
I often tell people to read Tao of Pooh first. Just read and absorb. Don't take notes or anything. Same with the Te of Piglet.

Then, once they've seen the beauty, delve into the more introspective works like Lao-Tzu's tome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #119510 by
Ah, the Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet. How I remember those books, well. I first started reading the Tao Te Ching in high school, which was fairly daunting at the time. When I read the Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet, I understood it a lot better, especially the part about the uncarved block. Definitely a recommended read! :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #119512 by Lykeios Little Raven

Luthien wrote: Ah, the Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet. How I remember those books, well. I first started reading the Tao Te Ching in high school, which was fairly daunting at the time. When I read the Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet, I understood it a lot better, especially the part about the uncarved block. Definitely a recommended read! :)

Oh, yea! I the uncarved block is one of my favorite parts! Probably a close second to the Pooh Way (Wu Wei Wu)

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
10 years 7 months ago #119514 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Taoism: Is it what I think?

Luthien wrote: Ah, the Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet. How I remember those books, well. I first started reading the Tao Te Ching in high school, which was fairly daunting at the time. When I read the Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet, I understood it a lot better, especially the part about the uncarved block. Definitely a recommended read! :)

Aren't you forgetting the Ching of Tigger?

So long and thanks for all the fish

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #119532 by
lol, I didn't know there was a Ching of Tigger. Is it a limited edition? XD

More
10 years 7 months ago #119533 by Kohadre

Luthien wrote: lol, I didn't know there was a Ching of Tigger. Is it a limited edition? XD

Not sure if playing into joke, or if serious :unsure:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #119534 by

Kohadre wrote:

Luthien wrote: lol, I didn't know there was a Ching of Tigger. Is it a limited edition? XD

Not sure if playing into joke, or if serious :unsure:

Bazinga! It's my specialty. lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #119535 by
why not both, seriously playing into the joke? his ching of tigger book would look lovely on the mantle next to my 'christopher robbins grows up to sell his soul to the man' gold foil leaf limited edition with holographic cover.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #119536 by

Desolous wrote: why not both, seriously playing into the joke? his ching of tigger book would look lovely on the mantle next to my 'christopher robbins grows up to sell his soul to the man' gold foil leaf limited edition with holographic cover.

Love it! :D

More
10 years 7 months ago #119539 by Kohadre

Desolous wrote: why not both, seriously playing into the joke? his ching of tigger book would look lovely on the mantle next to my 'christopher robbins grows up to sell his soul to the man' gold foil leaf limited edition with holographic cover.

This gave me a good laugh :silly:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi