Documentary Film

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95013 by
Documentary Film was created by
Hello, my name is Dave and I am a film student studying at Syracuse University. I am extremely interested in the Order and would be very grateful if anyone in the Upstate New York area could contact me. My plan is to create an informational documentary and I would love if I could interview a knowledgeable follower face to face for the film. Any help would be much appreciated guys

Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95016 by
Replied by on topic Re: Documentary Film
I remember a few years ago, a jedi site (not this one) being approached by someone doing something similar. The project was abandoned because we, for the most part, are just normal people. We were not "eccentric" enough.

Not really sure what your looking for in particular, but good luck finding someone in your area.

More
11 years 1 month ago #95026 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: Documentary Film

monteepython wrote: I would love if I could interview a knowledgeable follower

Off the top of my head (though could have forgotten someone), I don't think any of our more 'senior' members are in that sort of area, unfortunately...

That's not to say that you wont find someone who has been around a little less time but is equally worth talking to...

You could always try other sites/organisations too...spread the net a little wider ;)

B.Div | OCP

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 month ago #95028 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Documentary Film

Andy Spalding wrote: I remember a few years ago, a jedi site (not this one) being approached by someone doing something similar. The project was abandoned because we, for the most part, are just normal people. We were not "eccentric" enough.

Not really sure what your looking for in particular, but good luck finding someone in your area.

There are alwasy groups looking at us...

A network and I are emailing, and I keep telling them that we are not interesting...

It isnt the first, and wont be the last, lol...

They cant see the wonders of what is going on internally...

I still have to go to the bathroom, work, over to see my sick relations, I dont wear a hood, or have a saber or any "Jedi" clothes... lol...

HAve you seen this?

Teach: Tony Danza was a reality show about Tony Danza becoming a tenth grade English teacher at Northeast High School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, during the 2009-2010 school year. The show premiered October 1, 2010 on A&E. Filming took place predominantly during the first semester of the school year, with a few unaired scenes shot at the end of the second semester. Production was halted at the end of the first semester after the producers felt that existing footage was not dramatic enough, and after Danza refused to allow the producers to try to generate drama among his students. The existing footage was used to create the seven episodes that aired.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teach:_Tony_Danza

I respect him even that much more...

I always thought he was a stand-up guy...

Yea, we might be good for a season, but after my wife and I wont fight about it, and I dont make my kids dress up in hoodies, what are they gonna show?

lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95052 by
Replied by on topic Re: Documentary Film
Good point, Master Jestor; after all, I haven't seen anything that out of the ordinary here, and I'm sure many would say the same. Jediism, here at TOTJO, truthfully isn't glamorous or dramatic. It's fairly normal and calm. Anyway, it would feel uncalled for if we tried to act "more" "jedi-like" for the sake of making an interesting documentary.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 month ago #95054 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Documentary Film
lol...

Rereading this, it might appear we are poo-pooing the interview...

And that is not the case...:)

It was more a reflection on the overall view of Jedi...

Actual interviews are a positive way to get the word out about those of us that are legitimately trying to follow the life as we see it...

I am not sure if we have any members in that area, but, ya never know...:)

Good luck!

And enjoy your journey!!

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
11 years 1 month ago #95062 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: Documentary Film
Maybe you could use Skype or something and interview people online but still record it?

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
11 years 1 month ago #95223 by Alethea Thompson
I was actually going to say the same thing that Whyte Horse did. Skype and Google Plus are good ways of recording individuals across the world. It might not be the same as having it in person, but you really should not limit yourself to someone in New York.

Here's the reality that no one wants to admit: Not everyone that claims to be a Jedi IS a Jedi. This path takes serious dedication that most people just do not have. I use to know a couple of people that were from New York which qualify as Jedi, but they have sense left the community and it is difficult for me to track them down at this point.

It might also help if some of us got together bits and pieces of what we do that makes us Jedi. And if that is something you are interested in- I encourage you to communicate with the Chicago Jedi Chapter, MoonShadow of Jedi Resource Center (she should have things from previous Gathering) and I can help by putting together a couple of things for you to draw from. The quality of film and photography may not be great, but it is still something you can work with.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi