rituals, ceremonies, sacred people, sacred text.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #81739 by
Hello,
I'm doing a project on Jediism. I'm having trouble finding rituals and people. So far I have marriage and knighting ceremony, is there any more rituals you could tell me about i need at least 3 to 4? for people is there anyone you worship or seek in times of need like a "god" or "prophet" Also, would you consider the Jedi creed or code to be sacred text?
Please Respond ASAP
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #81741 by
TOTJO does have rituals for Weddings, Funerals, Ordination, and Consecration of land and Temples.

As far as "WORSHIP", because Jediism is different for each Jedi, There really is not a diety or prophet that we "WORSHIP". We have remembrance days for figures that have personified the Jedi way. We have some Jedi that are Christians, so their God is their deity of worship. There are Jedi of different faiths who worship the Gods of their faith and we have Pagan Jedi that pay homage to the earth.

As for sacred text, because each individual holds Jediism in their own way, what may be sacred to one Jedi, is just words or meaningful script to another.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #81744 by
For rituals and so forth, let me direct you here: TOTJO Liturgical Book

Also, Jedi don't recognize a prophet, founder, supreme leader or any specific deity for that matter. Our "thing" is basically the Force, though good luck getting two Jedi to agree on what exactly that is.

And I suppose the Jedi Code may be the closest we have to a sacred text, and then the label is still iffy. It's more of a codified set of philosophical principles we all interpret differently. And some people reject it, use different forms, add to it, etc.

More
11 years 4 months ago #81748 by Wescli Wardest
Phortis Nespin and Adservio answered the questions rather well I think.

I would also add that to get a better understanding of how “we” view things it would be better to have a common frame of reference. Each person’s reality is determined by the individual’s perceptions and those vary based on our experiences. So, what may be one way for me may not hold the same relevance for another.

Monastic Order of Knights

More
11 years 4 months ago #81750 by MCSH
Well I think I must add that for some Jedi, their own journal is a sacred text.

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #81834 by
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #144081 by
On a side note I have a small question, do you have to be at a certain rank or somthing about like a certain clearance level to review the TOTJO Liturgical Book ? It tells me, "You do not have permissions to access this page."

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #144089 by RyuJin
Hmm..I think it's still listed in the clergy forum..in which you have to enter the clergy training...I thought Isaw a copy of it in the totjo llibrary....could be wrong...usually though none of the literature we use or reference requires a certain rank...

Hmm that link locks me out too....it shouldn't...but there is a downloadable version in the totjo library..it's a bit older though

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by RyuJin.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #144109 by

Karvick wrote: On a side note I have a small question, do you have to be at a certain rank or somthing about like a certain clearance level to review the TOTJO Liturgical Book ? It tells me, "You do not have permissions to access this page."

Yes there's one in the TotJO library, links here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9zq1e2k6yra45t3/TOTJO_Liturgical_Book_For_The_Jedi.pdf

That is the 2011 version. There is the beginning of work to create a 2014 one too, for the way in which the Temple has evolved, the 2011 version is a little out of date (but some things will be kept pretty much the same).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #144119 by
Sacred people.. hmm. Many of us view all people (and indeed, all things) as sacred, I suppose. But not as such, no.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi