Just a few questions

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #62090 by
Just a few questions was created by
I don't wish anyone to take this the wrong way, but I have a few questions regarding being/becoming a Jedi.
1) I am new to Jediism, and I believe it can work for me, but what does it mean to have a clear mind? Does this mean I don't think about things around me? Or is it that I keep a positive mind?

2)I do not believe in the though that "things happen for a reason." Does this have to change in order for me to be able to become a Jedi?

Those are some of my questions, thank you for reading and have a good day.
-Heath

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #62093 by Wescli Wardest
I would think that you are trying to run before you can walk! :P If I were to answer your questions now I don’t think that the answer would have as much meaning to them then if you were to discover this on your own. Guiding help is always nice and I am more than willing to help.

But I would suggest that you begin the initiates program and start a journey of discovery for you self.

May the Force be with you my friend.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #62095 by
Replied by on topic Re: Just a few questions
Wescli Wardest: Thank you, I appreciate your input. I will start the program immediately.

More
11 years 10 months ago #62096 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Just a few questions
If the windows on your car were so dirty that you could not see through them what would you do?

Why did you post these questions if there was no reason for asking them?

Founder of The Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #62097 by
How do I know if my application has been sent? I finished it, and typed the 4 letters at the end, and then a pop-up came onto my screen.

More
11 years 10 months ago #62100 by Wescli Wardest
I'm certain that in a few days you will know rather it got through or not. The administration here is really good at keeping things up to date. Especially considering that none of this is an automated process and they all work here for free.

Be patient and if there is no change in a few days, PM one of the admins.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #62109 by
In response to question 1. Feel free to start a thread about it to see what the thoughts of others on the topic are :)

It's an interesting question, least of all because I bet most that say you need a clear mind have never actually sat down and thought about what that term actually means

As for a response to question 2. I do not believe that things happen because of a reason or a grand will

More
11 years 10 months ago #62111 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Just a few questions

Kensai wrote: How do I know if my application has been sent? I finished it, and typed the 4 letters at the end, and then a pop-up came onto my screen.

It went through.

Founder of The Order

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 10 months ago #62114 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Just a few questions

Br. John wrote:

Kensai wrote: How do I know if my application has been sent? I finished it, and typed the 4 letters at the end, and then a pop-up came onto my screen.

It went through.

This is a holiday weekend...

I've extended it by a day, so app processing, and the several other messages I've received, will all resume tomorrow....

+++++++++
Also a clear mind does not mean an empty minds, it means uncluttered, clean and orderly, purposeful....

++++++++++
At the most basic of levels, things dohaooen for a reason...

It is evolution, cause and effect...

Just because you did not set something in motion, doesn't mean there isn't a reason...;)

+++++++++
Any other questions? Please ask....:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 10 months ago #62126 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Just a few questions

I do not believe in the though that "things happen for a reason." Does this have to change in order for me to be able to become a Jedi?

There is a difference between what people usually call "a reason" and simply making the observation that things happen as a consequence of other things. #1 is superstition, #2 is pretty much the nature of the force...

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi