Excercise V Help

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #58412 by
Excercise V Help was created by
I've just looked over exercise V, I've learnt a lot about buddhism a few years ago in Year 8 at school, I still remember a lot of the info from memory, problem is though, I was taught it through a video and just our teacher generally telling us, so I have no idea who made it, what should I put as my sources, I'd love to give credit, but I have no idea who to :unsure:

Thankyou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 11 months ago #58413 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Excercise V Help
As the memory can, and does (especially as we age), I would still look it up...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #58414 by
Replied by on topic Re: Excercise V Help
ok jestor, it was really funny that year though, our original teacher went on maternity leave, so we had a supply teacher, he didn't really teach us much so you can imagine the complaints at the end of year exams :D
in the end everyone had to hand in their books to prove we hadn't learnt it, still haven't got it back xD

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #58415 by
I would say that if you were really struggling you can always read more into Buddhism. That way you can have additional sources from which to reference from :)

As for referencing the source of every piece of knowledge on the subject... I personally don't really bother that much. I just take it as something I 'know'

I won't say that this random fact comes from 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' lol

I would just state it as something I know

All our knowledge comes from somewhere external... the trick is knowing when and where referencing that source is necessary

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #58416 by
ok, I'll use some other websites

Thanks for your suggestions and help :)

Pigs can fly- Sources: Oli's Brain
:D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #58433 by
Replied by on topic Excercise V Help
There is actually a(n) app on the apple market called world religions. It gives details on to where and who originated it, it's beliefs. The leaders (or notable practitioners) and it is easy to navigate and user friendly.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #58657 by
Many churches compare Jediism to Confucianism more than Buddhism considering both are self-enlightenment type religions, unlike Buddhism which is more enlightenment through Buddha, right?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #58678 by

bornofosiris19 wrote: Many churches compare Jediism to Confucianism more than Buddhism considering both are self-enlightenment type religions, unlike Buddhism which is more enlightenment through Buddha, right?

The similarities are very obvious between Jediism and Confucianism. Possibly more so than with Buddhism in some respects...

But to be honest, while we teach a lot about the nature that there is no self and that we are all ultimately 'one' as it were, the distinction isn't really needed

We have similar teachings to Buddhism, Zen Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism among others in terms of the 'oneness' aspects of our teachings

But lots of our teachings are simply compassion, which is at the core of near every religion

Therefore I would say that Jediism is actually similar, in its heart, to many religions

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi