Interesting Email Inquiry

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3599 by
Interesting Email Inquiry was created by
The sender requested that his email not be posted on a public forum to prevent spam.

June 28, 2007

Hello,

I have looked over your website and have a few questions I hope you will be willing and able to answer.

The first question is about \"The Force\". I understand that this is obviously an important part of your faith, and it is required that followers believe in it. Please do not take this with offense, as I am not meaning to offend, but is not the force as seen in Science Fiction, simply science fiction? (I have noticed that it is similar to ancient Chinese chi) Meaning that you cannot actually use telekinesis. But rather Is \"The Force\" more or less on a personal level. Meaning the followers who are Christian or Jewish or Muslim leaning, will think of \"The Force\" as being God (in some form) and the same for those leaning toward other faiths. So someone could be a follower but worship \"The Force\" as what they believe is the governing deity (or something to that matter)?
I ask this because I believe, and already live by (even before I knew of Star Wars) many of the written principles of Jediism, but have my own developed idea of God, that I came to through logical and other thought experiments.

Question Two: How Many people are members of this organization in the World, in the United States, by geographical region?

Question Three: I understand that (at least what I saw in the films) Jedi are not allowed to Marry or be in relationships. Is this a part of your rules?

Question Four: Please do not be offended by this question. Are most of the people here the same fanatics who I see lined up days before the release of a new Star Wars film, or weigh 300 pounds and play World of Warcraft, or are basically social outcasts? Again I am not trying to be rude, I think I am simple asking the question that is on most peoples mind but are too afraid to ask.

I thank you for your time and look forward to your response. I also apologize in advance if the answers to my questions were on your site and I did not see them.

Here is my reply and any comments and critique that can improve on my response are most welcome and should be posted here.

1. The Force is short for The Living Force Of Creation and it is up to the individual member to define what that means.

2. I don't know how many for sure. Many of the organizations are trying to have a registry which would answer that question and help local Jedi or Jediist get together. I am sure that 100,000 is a low estimate.

3. No. That's from the movies. We are not based on the movies at all. We are based on the multiple religious teachings that formed the background for George Lucas' Force in the movies. Besides the various religions we have Joseph Campbell and Alan Watt's as our modern day 'prophets'.

4. Some of them probably are exactly like that while some members have not even seen all the movies.

No apology is necessary. The site is big and it would take quiet some doing to read all of it. I'm delighted that folks ask rather than just jump to conclusions. I'm going to post your question and my answer on our message board but I will not use your name without your permission.

MTFBWY and God Bless,

Br. John+<br><br>Post edited by: Br. John, at: 2007/06/28 16:56

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3603 by
Replied by on topic Re:Interesting Email Inquiry
Br. John,
as many have seen in my posts, i always try to link the connection of the great John W. Keely and his conception of the Living Force back in the mid to late 1800's. in doing this it brings the connotation of the Force from sicence fiction to science fact. this great man also discovered many things we use still to this day such as ultra sound. he also had influences on many other great individuals such as Tesla, Edison, even A. Einstien used some of his ideas in his discoveries in physics.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3606 by
I believe you handled those questions nicely. Simple answers to explain things. It is nice when someone ask, instead of assuming.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #3618 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Interesting Email Inquiry
Some people I know say well isn`t he strange, others isn`t he young, some say He`s Dutch...German...English....and they are talking about the same person. I don`t know whether others see me as being weird because I am a Jedi, but all I can confirm is \&quot;I´m happy!\&quot;.

You`ll probably get as many definitions of the Force as there are people. It just goes to show how great and illusive the Force is!

Well we are not only allowed to be married but we can even marry others! Thank God!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6523 by
This is an enquiry e-mail via http://templeofthejediorder.org from:
Night Wolf &lt;nightwolf52766@dodo.com.au&gt;

I would like to know more about the jedi order. and where i can talk to someone about it in Melbourne, Australia. thank you

Who wants to have a go at it?

&amp;#8734;

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6524 by
Darth Maleficus wrote:

I would like to know more about the jedi order. and where i can talk to someone about it in Melbourne, Australia. thank you

&amp;#8734;

We have several Folks from Australia. how wonderful

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #6534 by Jon
Twsoundsoff wrote:

Darth Maleficus wrote:

&amp;#8734;

We have several Folks from Australia. how wonderful

With the support of our internet community, nightwolf can himself become a chance for Jediism in Australia... . Every Ocean starts with the first drop of water.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6539 by
Too bad arrastarra is busy for the next month in Queensland. He actually lives in Perth. We can still try to put Night Wolf in contact with him.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6559 by
dont really see why question four was necessary but what ever. hopefully this person has received the answers he required. and it is great that there are many members here from around the world.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi