Membership Application

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344814 by
Membership Application was created by
I have some questions about membership application. Four, exactly.

1) In Belarus, we have such a thing as a patronimyc name. It's based on a name of the individual's father, and is usually used in local and governmental official documents as a part of a legal name, but it is not shown on the last, "international" page of the passport and that's why our patronimyc names are not required for such things as buying airplane tickets or hotel booking. So by local documents, an individual can be Ivan Petrovich Soloviev, but for a booking service or foreign colleges he is just Ivan Soloviev, or Mr. Soloviev.
But I know that mail-related services (AliExpress, for example) doesn't allow to register without the patronimyc name, if they recognize a user as a Belarusian or Russian.

So, what I should use in my application - my full legal name, including patronimyc, or just my name and surname, as it is written in my passport?

2) Can I change my name or adress, if they would change for some legal reasons? Such as marriage, moving to another apartment, emigration, etc.

3) According to my passport, I own an apartment (it's my registration adress), but in fact I don't live there, I live in another part of the city with my parents. What adress should I write in application?

4) How to write it correctly, if my street's name includes a name and a number, additionally to the house's and apartment's numbers?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #344817 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic Membership Application
I'm not an expert but
1 legal name used on passport .
2 I think you would have to notify a council member or admin of sorts to notify them you would want to change the information after the application if for legal reasons stated in your question .
3 I would personally put the address you are currently living in so your parents address
4 follow the instructions in the box so
number, streetname
city
State and zip/post code
Country

So street number first , then street name ,
Underneath that is city name ,
(Then if you don't live in the US) under that is postal or zip code and finally underneath that is the country you are living in .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Malicious.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
4 years 5 months ago #344818 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Membership Application
As far as it goes (and I risk being expelled from the community, I'm sure) but I've moved house about five times since I joined here, and with all the other things that moving entails, updating my info on templeofthejediorder.org has never really factored on my to-do list.

I wouldn't over think it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: forestjedi

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 5 months ago #344858 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Membership Application
Use your passport name and your actual adress of residence.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344864 by
Replied by on topic Membership Application
So, my name without patronimyc and the adress I actually live now, am I right?

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 5 months ago #344885 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Membership Application
Yep

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344916 by
If I may make an interjection...

I think this is what Rainbow Firefly means by "Street number" (and I am not Belarusian)

There is a house number, and then a street name. Sometimes the street name can have a number. For example, in the United States (I am American) there are streets solely with numbers, and then there are streets with numbers after the names (like West 3rd street would be different than East 3rd street, and that would be still different than 3rd street.)

A quick google search about Belarus street names show that there are numbers before, in the middle of, and after words. Sometimes there are multiple numbers in the street name itself. Examples:
12 st to Voronianskogo
79 to Poselkovaya 1 st
Bazisnaya 1-ya ul 1
Chernyshevskogo 1

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #345969 by

Kionna Eileene wrote: If I may make an interjection...

I think this is what Rainbow Firefly means by "Street number" (and I am not Belarusian)

There is a house number, and then a street name. Sometimes the street name can have a number. For example, in the United States (I am American) there are streets solely with numbers, and then there are streets with numbers after the names (like West 3rd street would be different than East 3rd street, and that would be still different than 3rd street.)

A quick google search about Belarus street names show that there are numbers before, in the middle of, and after words. Sometimes there are multiple numbers in the street name itself. Examples:
12 st to Voronianskogo
79 to Poselkovaya 1 st
Bazisnaya 1-ya ul 1
Chernyshevskogo 1

One moment - Chernyshevskogo 1 means "house with number 1 on Chernyshevskogo street"

More
4 years 4 months ago #345971 by For-Emris
Replied by For-Emris on topic Membership Application
And, as i know, sometimes, house numbers have letters =)
Kalininskaja 11a, for example =)

Love is a manifestation of the Force that unites all living creatures ...

More
4 years 4 months ago #345972 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Membership Application
It's fine to put your mailing address in the comments section of the application. Please show hoq we need to address an envelope to mail it to you?

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi