Questions on starting the IP

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272339 by
I did read the FAQ on the matter, however I don't think it has been updated in a while. As I followed the instructions, but the layout didn't match what was being told in the FAQ. I wish to start the IP, but I'm confused as to where to start and what I actually need to do. If I missed something, please let me know. this is just based off of what I saw, not what all is there, if that makes sense.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #272340 by Wescli Wardest
Create a Journal to record your lessons here…
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Journals

And start working the lessons found here…
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/initiateprogramme

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #272348 by
Replied by on topic Questions on starting the IP

Hype wrote: I did read the FAQ on the matter, however I don't think it has been updated in a while. As I followed the instructions, but the layout didn't match what was being told in the FAQ. I wish to start the IP, but I'm confused as to where to start and what I actually need to do. If I missed something, please let me know. this is just based off of what I saw, not what all is there, if that makes sense.

Not that you do have to answer, but If I may be so free to ask: If the Temple where to improve it, how could it be displayed so that it would be less confusing? As a new guest/member you might be able to offer fresh insight! :side:

Enjoy your IP training!! ;)
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272349 by

Codex wrote:

Hype wrote: I did read the FAQ on the matter, however I don't think it has been updated in a while. As I followed the instructions, but the layout didn't match what was being told in the FAQ. I wish to start the IP, but I'm confused as to where to start and what I actually need to do. If I missed something, please let me know. this is just based off of what I saw, not what all is there, if that makes sense.

Not that you do have to answer, but If I may be so free to ask: If the Temple where to improve it, how could it be displayed so that it would be less confusing? As a new guest/member you might be able to offer fresh insight! :side:

Enjoy your IP training!! ;)

The first thing that has to be done is fix all the broken links in the FAQ that have been there since the site migration.;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272415 by
the biggest issue was that it said (in the FAQ) that there was some links to follow that weren't actually there. I think this is more of an error from updates that as they changed things around, they forgot to change the FAQ section on the matter. its really no bigy.

That being said, the OTHER big issue I was having is that it seems too readily available ( I know that sound weird). I'm more confused as to how to start the journals. normally I would just read someone elses, but I don't want to (1) find the answers without doing my own research, or (2) violate the privacy of someone elses journal.

More
7 years 2 months ago #272416 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Questions on starting the IP

Hype wrote: the biggest issue was that it said (in the FAQ) that there was some links to follow that weren't actually there. I think this is more of an error from updates that as they changed things around, they forgot to change the FAQ section on the matter. its really no bigy.

That being said, the OTHER big issue I was having is that it seems too readily available ( I know that sound weird). I'm more confused as to how to start the journals. normally I would just read someone elses, but I don't want to (1) find the answers without doing my own research, or (2) violate the privacy of someone elses journal.

How to start as in how to start writing?

I tend to take notes on the section I'm working on. Then I'd tend to write about an overview of the subject, then get into specifics that interested me as well as talk about what they meant to me or how I've experienced them or intend to apply them to my life.

Journals are there to be read :) don't worry about getting into them. Everyone knows (or should) that they're open to membership to read. So if you're curious, feel free. I opened a personal journal in that section so others can maybe learn from my bumblings haha (as well as a log for myself)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

More
7 years 2 months ago #272417 by MadHatter
Starting your journal is just a matter of introducing yourself and anything you might wish to say about the Jedi Path or yourself in your first post. Then you do the lessons. They can be done in any order (though I prefer to go in the order they are posted) After that its up to you as to what else you might add to the journal. Though some advice that was given to me when I first started is that the more you add outside the lessons the more the Knights have to work with when deciding on approaching you for Apprenticeship later.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi