Why should i do all this here, why should i join?

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #262358 by JamesSand

why should one join the temple alltogether?

what is it for? i mean someone could learn all that knowledge alone and be the person he wants to be without an online forum. the only reason i could see is having some online friends with the same interest.

Alone?

Well, yes and no - This place is as much a "resource" as any of the "alone" study you do - whether you read books, watch movies, talk to friends, study hummingbirds.

This place is another "input" to your learning and development.

Also, Studying Alone and Being The Person you Want To Be is not entirely the scope of this....faith :) It's a system of beliefs that more or less requires involvement and cooperation with the rest of humanity - otherwise you're doing something else - Which is fine :), but not what the "vibe" of Jediism is about.*

So I've given you two reasons:

Access to literature.
Access to community.

If that doesn't work for you, if dillying about here is a waste of your time, That's fine, no one is going to say "Well, They didn't put in time at TotJO" - You might already be a Master of what there is to teach here (in which case, maybe you can find the time to help others here :) ), Or you can be a better assistance to others outside of this place.

I imagine it is in the "End goal" of many Jedi to no longer need to focus on "studying", for it to simply be a habit, and have more hours to give to others :) - If that's where you are up to, then well done :)

*Yeah yeah, obviously my views. Plenty of People see Jediism as limited to Self Empowerment, and good on 'em, if that is as far as they want to go :)
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Alexandre Orion, Tarran, Loudzoo,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #262370 by
I am sure people here would love to explain to you in a private mail why they are here and why they stay. I suggest you do the IP , connect with people and find out for yourself.

Seeing this Temple has been around for a while there is a lot to say for this community and why we seek the innerconnectivity.

But anyway , make up your own mind

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #262373 by
I think everyone has made some really valid points. The underlying thread though is about community. I have been on this path since I was a youngling. But I was always searching for something more. Then I found the Temple and in the short time I've been here I've found things in the lessons that I would have normally not even considered. New ways of thinking and looking at the path to my personal development. I look forward to the bonds that I will make and listening to different points of view. Just because my beliefs don't align exactly with someone else doesn't mean they don't have something valid to say or teach me. That's how we learn and grow.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #262377 by
thank you all for your answers.
for clarification, my question was never ment in a "convince me"-way.
more i wantetd to see your opinions and also find out how big the participation here truely is.

i can see more communitiy in here then i could see before the post.
i ve got more of an understanding why you are here and what makes you visit this place.

thank you for that :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #262378 by

Heut wrote: thank you all for your answers.
for clarification, my question was never ment in a "convince me"-way.
more i wantetd to see your opinions and also find out how big the participation here truely is.

i can see more communitiy in here then i could see before the post.
i ve got more of an understanding why you are here and what makes you visit this place.

thank you for that :)

I never saw your post as you wanting to convince you , and as far as participation goes , my life is that of a Jedi , i participate here , but more important i do that in real life ;) Its nice to call Totjo my home to touch base with other Jedi

More
7 years 6 months ago #262420 by rugadd
Not knowing you, I could not say why you should bother.

But ...

It is my Temple and it is Grand.

For me, that is enough.

Everything else is a bonus!

rugadd

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi