Reiki Energy ~ Empathic Abilities & Jedi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #248998 by
I am new to this forum and considering becoming an initiate. I have 1st Degree Reiki and will be taking 2nd Degree Reiki in August. I give Reiki to horses as part of my volunteering at a local equine rescue. I can feel the energy going into the horse easily. I think I am confusing this energy field with Jedi. I keep thinking this is the Force.

I also practice Qi Gong and understand about the dan tien and the sacred center in the body. I can also feel the qi when it circulates in the body easily. I also have a habit of being able to hear and sense trees. I've spent many happy hours hiking in the woods and being quite connected to the forest. The same thing happens in water and in my own garden.

Am I confusing this sense of nature and animals with Jedism? I keep thinking to take this program to enhance these skills and become more fluid with the Force or as the Native Americans call it, The Spirit of All Things.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249003 by
Hello.

We have a rather loose definition of the Force here so you're pretty much able to define it however you see fit. Personally I don't think you're confused at all. I have always thought of Reiki as a form of manipulation of the Force in a manner of speaking. The same goes with Qi Gong. I'm not sure if going through the programs here will amplify these abilities any for you but I can say that I don't think it'll hurt them.

Here we tend to focus on more philosophical aspects of Jediism rather than energy manipulation or sensing, but there are Jedi who do practice various methods of it including Reiki.

I hope that you find what you are looking for. If you have any other questions let us know.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249015 by steamboat28
Some of us believe the Force is involved in some way with those energies, and some of us do not. There are as many different definitions of "The Force" around here as there are Jedi. Usually more, if we're honest.

If you want to associate "the Force" with the same kind of "universal energy" that Reiki teaches, that is up to you and your belief system, and you won't be alone here.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by steamboat28.

More
7 years 8 months ago #249027 by Carlos.Martinez3
Jedi ism is a unique belief in which there can be no singular one. The term syncritism is a term we as Jedi can wield true as a light saber it self depending on the degree of practice and true mastery one has gained. How I use and what I call the Force will never be the same content in which you call and use the Force, yet in it it is the same. Confusing and question provoking many times our path leads us toward different lights. Name the same in color or content. Yet all light. Do some shine brighter than others, yes and it's those who shine brightest that lead the way. I believe in Reiki.i believe in the power of human potential and the simple yet overlooked power of the touch. Great stuff and for ever kind of things I have learned from the groups kind enough to let me in their circle. From their grace and love I was shown not.only how to be the point of helpful healing... but to apply it to myself as well. In this gift of syncritism, allowing this idea to exist as well with others... has given me so much more than I could ever ask for.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249029 by
I speak only for myself, of course. But I, being one of those who believes in one Great Mystery which lies behind, and inhabits, all that is, would say that it is merely a question of what you choose to name it--God, the Force, the Tao. And, from what I've seen, you are free to call it what you will and even to believe that it exists in many parts, separate from one another, and still find welcome here. As to the different energies that you name, by my account they are all different modes and different workings of the One. I think if you stay here long enough you will hear about this idea and you may find it interesting to contemplate it for yourself. Why is it important? Joseph Campbell, in Part 2 of the Power of Myth (which I am studying as part of the initiate program here) quotes this from the Upanishads "Then he {God} realized: 'I, indeed, am this creation; for I have poured it forth from myself.' In that way he became this creation. And verily, he who knows this becomes in this creation a creator." In other words, we begin to participate, with God, in the process of creation (since we are, after all, part of God and part of his Creation.)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249294 by
I appreciate the replies to my query. My learning style is to read lightly, but more learn by doing. When I studied Taoism, I learned a great deal through a continuous practice of qi gong and daily reading by a modern Spiritual Teacher. He's out in California and I would some day hope to study with him.

I am concerned about taking on this practice on my own. It is very difficult to find other Taoists. It is considered a solitary practice and highly contemplative. Mostly, learning to observe what is happening around you, especially in nature, including the stars and find yourself a part of it all. Not to separate the human from the natural world around us. And, ultimately, there is so much seen and unseen that words often cannot describe insight.

This would appear to be a virtual community. It's hard to sustain interest on my own. My pattern of internet activity tends to be low use. It's hard to find time to read on line. And, that's not doing, that's reading. I cannot learn unless I can actively do something or talk with others. It's not a virtual interest, I want to apply these principles in daily life.

More
7 years 8 months ago #249449 by Carlos.Martinez3
You are in the right place friend! *wink!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi