IP program: Suggestion for a basic Clergy lesson.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #243606 by
I have tried to explain it as simple as possible, not sure if it is suggested before, but it would not hurt to try.. I hope.. :unsure:

~ Aqua

I was thinking about the IP program.. and I noticed that the clergy is not in the IP.

Lesson 0: Temple Structure

• Task 1 - What are the non-Clerical ranks and what are their responsibilities?
  • Task 2 - What Offices are there in the Temple and what are their responsibilities?
  • Task 3 - Where might one find this information?

Highly understandable that it should not be in same detail as the seminary.. but could it be handy to have a basic lesson about the clergy so newcomers to the temple get a better image what it is, and how it can help them?

+reasons:

• Clergy is not a small part of the temple, it should be mentioned how to find a clerk, and what they do;
  • Clergy are to help, people need to be aware of the possibilities to ask for support, especially new members who are unaware of it;
  • A chance to get more questions/topics about clergy in the future, allowing it to become more integrated and understandable.
possible -reasons:
  • People can ask knights for questions.. (True, but are not bound by oath, some members may appreciate that option)
  • The IP does not require clergy.. (IP is about the basics of Jediism, asking for minister help is also a basic ability)
  • It would be too complicated.. (It is not the same as Seminary, it is only realizing that it is there, and knowing who to ask..)
  • People can join seminary later.. (It makes no difference when you seek for help early!)
  • Every person knows the Clergy.. (Many people have to be reminded with FAQ related things.. clergy is not different from it!)

Idea to be added within Lesson 0, as a second part of it:

• What is the clergy of TOTJO?
  • What is the difference between ordained minister and a not ordained minister?
  • Where might one find this information?

Possible answers:
  • The clergy is the area of the Temple that deals specifically with the spritiual well-being of the community as a whole.
  • While all Clergy Persons at the Temple are trustworthy people and can be approached for help, only those who have been ordained are bound by the Oath of the Confidant; Licensed Ministers, temporary or not, are not bound by this oath.
  • www.templeofthejediorder.org/clergy (and FAQ 15. )

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #243608 by Edan
I would remove this bit

How does the clergy of TOTJO guides people?

because it is subjective and not an FAQ answer.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #243611 by

Edan wrote: I would remove this bit

How does the clergy of TOTJO guides people?

because it is subjective and not an FAQ answer.

Changed it, thank you for the feedback! :blush:

More
7 years 9 months ago #243621 by Alexandre Orion
It is good to mull this stuff over, and certainly, keep notes of ideas that rise up. :)

On the other hand, the Synod has, right now, a back log of things to work on, we're down one person, and getting another change proposed just adds to the back log. :(

Keep stuff like this in mind, lad ... but could we hold off on it for just a little while, 'til other stuff gets sorted ? ;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #243631 by

Alexandre Orion wrote: It is good to mull this stuff over, and certainly, keep notes of ideas that rise up. :)

On the other hand, the Synod has, right now, a back log of things to work on, we're down one person, and getting another change proposed just adds to the back log. :(

Keep stuff like this in mind, lad ... but could we hold off on it for just a little while, 'til other stuff gets sorted ? ;)

Please take your time to do things you must do, because I really do not want to push MaƮtre. :blink: It is so hard to get it out my head normally, I will not forget it so easily.. :blush:

Force shine with you,

~ Aqua

More
7 years 9 months ago #243659 by Breeze el Tierno
For what it's worth, I have already begun putting together notes on this very topic. If you don't mind, Aqua, I may steal some of your work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Brick

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #243672 by

Cabur Senaar wrote: For what it's worth, I have already begun putting together notes on this very topic. If you don't mind, Aqua, I may steal some of your work.

You cannot steal from one who shares. I look forward, surprise me Cabur. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi