Group Notifications

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235882 by Tellahane
I could be mis-remembering but I seem to remember that at one point I would get notifications when someone posted in a group I was in, and I'm not getting them anymore, or if that was never a thing, would be nice if it was, I think people miss out on a lot of conversations that way. Just a question/thought.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235883 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Group Notifications
Profile tab>Preferences>Email and notification?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235895 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Group Notifications

Jestor wrote: Profile tab>Preferences>Email and notification?

They are all turned on but I still get no on site notifications for group discussions

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235920 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Group Notifications
Could you show us a screenshot of your prefs?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235922 by Tellahane
here is the screenshot of my group preferences, the right column is on site, the left is email notifications.
Attachments:

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235924 by Tellahane
As an example jestor the thread in the illinois jedi group, that whole discussion on meeting, never showed up once as a notification, the last notifications in my notifications list is from people commenting on my last profile stream a little over a week ago.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235928 by Edan

Tellahane wrote: here is the screenshot of my group preferences, the right column is on site, the left is email notifications.

Have you tried leaving the top box ticked and seeing if that makes a difference? I realise that it then chooses all options below it, but you can still leave it ticked and untick anything you don't want.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235939 by Tellahane

Edan wrote:

Tellahane wrote: here is the screenshot of my group preferences, the right column is on site, the left is email notifications.

Have you tried leaving the top box ticked and seeing if that makes a difference? I realise that it then chooses all options below it, but you can still leave it ticked and untick anything you don't want.

That top box is just an empty checkbox with the javascript to toggle the rest of the checkboxes, it doesn't save, nor has any component to it to save so it wouldn't have any effect on it, not a bad idea but already looked at it:

input type="checkbox" class="input checkbox" onclick="toggleChecked('globalGroups',this.checked)"

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235940 by Edan

Tellahane wrote:

Edan wrote:

That top box is just an empty checkbox with the javascript to toggle the rest of the checkboxes, it doesn't save, nor has any component to it to save so it wouldn't have any effect on it, not a bad idea but already looked at it:

input type="checkbox" class="input checkbox" onclick="toggleChecked('globalGroups',this.checked)"

Given that nothing else was working thought it was worth a go...

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235941 by Tellahane

Edan wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

Edan wrote:

Given that nothing else was working thought it was worth a go...

It was worth a go!

Anyone else have their notifications working? lately? I'm wondering if it broke during a joomla patch or something or if its just my account thats messed up.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi