A little confused on what to do next

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #230101 by
Apologies to you all if I mess up some dates. Time has started to blend as I move into the final phase of this current college semester.
I think I have been registered here for a month, I feel as though I am ready to do something. If I am understanding this correctly I am to take the Simple Oath (although not required), then what? Apply to become a Jedi Knight? Or do I stay an initiate. I have already finished listening to lesson one, Myth and it blew my mind I am going to continue to listen to them to gleam as much knowledge as I can.
I am moving onto lesson two now, and looking ahead I noticed there is one about meditation. I have already learned to meditate from when I was learning Shotokan Karate of America, is this form of meditation different or is it the same?
When I would meditate before training it would allow me to focus and increase my connection to the world around me. Why I say increase is because I at the time, and still to this day losing my hearing. That being said the lose of hearing had increased my spacial awareness and allowed me to know where my body was in space at all times. I digress, that is all for now. Just those questions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #230102 by
Well first you should fill out a membership application. Then you should write out a response to the lessons in your journal. That allows Knights to get to know you and your views a bit before entering into an apprenticeship. If all else fails be sure to read the FAQs.

I hope that helped.

More
8 years 1 month ago #230112 by Edan
You don't have to apply to membership to do the initiate programme lessons, however.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 1 month ago #230117 by Kit
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#WhatNext

;)

Glad you're enjoying the training :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #230184 by

Goken wrote: Well first you should fill out a membership application. Then you should write out a response to the lessons in your journal. That allows Knights to get to know you and your views a bit before entering into an apprenticeship. If all else fails be sure to read the FAQs.

I hope that helped.

That did help, I have been putting off becoming a member mainly due to school. I want to be able to give this my full attention instead of half-assing it. I am guessing that I can still write in my journal even though I havent submitted my application yet?

Kit wrote: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#WhatNext

;)

Glad you're enjoying the training :D

How did I miss that....

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #230198 by Jestor
Yes, you do not have to be a member to do the training...

That's also found in the FAQ, under "what if I don't want to join right away?"... ;)

Make sure to read the IP intro, as it tells you how to create a journal, and other little intricacies... ;)

Don't get ahead of yourself too much, because you are asking questions you don't need to...

You cannot apply to be a Jedi knight, only a temple member (also in the FAQ, lol)....

The meditation lesson is not about techniques, per se, but rather just some information on it... (we probably need to work on this)

Also, the oath is not needed unless you plan on apprenriceship, which is after the IP is complete...

Rank and statuses are for members, if you are not joining don't worry about it, and even if you were going to join, none of us care about your rank, so.much as how you act around here...

And finally, "gleaning all the knowledge" is like "rushing through life to your death"... Was it fun? Did you learn anything? Slow down, take tour time, and squeeze every drop out of each part that you can...

The end comes soon enough... ;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, Rosalyn J, Amaya,

More
8 years 1 month ago #230415 by Kohadre
Ive found that for myself, the traning brought me back to square one after I finished the material. My views on life weren't fundamentally shaken or altered, and the way I acted around others more or less remained the same.

The things that will change your life are, in my opinion, things the TOTJO can't teach nor should they attempt to. Its a personalized experience for each person and its not something you can package into a program.

If you want spiritual development on the fly, try your hand at volunteering in a battered womens or homeless shelter, or serving the needy in a food pantry. Watts in all his wisdom cannot impart the humility that brings to a person.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 1 month ago #230424 by Jestor
This is not directed at Kohadre, but rather just where my mind went after reading his post...

TOTJO, her training, and membership, will not help everyone....

Locations of where a person is in their journey, amount of effort really applied, and knowledge already gained is some factors to be considered...

For the current senior members, many of us have been on our paths for a long time, and the TOTJO training offered some basics, for some, a different way of seeing the info (like me) in a logical progression, and put thoughts in an order, and different experiences for others...

Those I've seen comment about our training, negatively, are those who may be at the same point "knowledge wise" as many of the senior members, but still "lack" a little something... Those "lacking" may call it "ass-kissery" or, in their mind, lack the desire to "follow the herd", or "drink the kool-aid", lol... But, fyi, if the herd knows something, like where the water is, and they all head the same direction due to independent thought, then its not just "following the herd"!!

But some won't see that, and obstinately refuse to follow the others on their path, because they don't want to look like a follower, or maybe because they aren't leading, that is for them to figure out, if they even realize it.. ;)... lol...

They are still looking for something, or their ego still has a pretty tight grip...

The current senior members took a rag-tag bunch of stuff, and have built what you see... And, as they advance, they will elevate the upper levels of training...

The IP is not really designed to help those with some understanding already, but, is required to show where a person is.. Crazily enough, not only for the staff here, but for the student themselves, should they try and discover things about themselves...

I'm going to be a grandpa soon, and will yet again experience the world vicariously through new eyes...

And I will be reviewing stories and lessons I've learned, for a third time...

I'm not "too learned" to read a book with my grandchild that I have already read, or even one I haven't read, and try to experience it with fresh eyes, and unprejudiced mind...

I constantly review my knowledge from the bottom up...

Lessons I learned from Sesame Street, I learned again from Barney with my children, and will learn again from what the kids are into now... And, the classics like Dr. Suess and the Disney movies will be joys to revisit...

We must never take ourselves so serious as to think we ever understand anything completely...

Anyways sorry for the derail... lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Edan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi