TOTJO Embroidered Patches?

More
8 years 7 months ago #200653 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic TOTJO Embroidered Patches?

RyuJin wrote: that's actually the senior knight rank... :P

still cool though

oh I am well aware of that :P you try putting "Senior Knight" on a patch that's less than 1" tall and 4" long :P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #200654 by Kit

Sven One wrote: Awesome I want one!! :)

That's why Br. John got in touch with me :D keep an eye out!

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 7 months ago #200656 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic TOTJO Embroidered Patches?

Kamizu wrote:

RyuJin wrote: that's actually the senior knight rank... :P

still cool though

oh I am well aware of that :P you try putting "Senior Knight" on a patch that's less than 1" tall and 4" long :P

lol....

Sr.Knight :P

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
8 years 7 months ago #200660 by Whyte Horse

Kamizu wrote: While I'm working on them, did you have a color request outside of the black/white or rank colors Whyte? And if yes, would you like a 2" or 4" one?

BDU colors preferably, 2". The color of the clothing is the same as this photo:

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
8 years 7 months ago #200661 by Whyte Horse
These are available on ebay but if you can make them I'd rather buy from you:

More
8 years 7 months ago #200662 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:TOTJO Embroidered Patches?
Ryu! It's not proper to abbreviate only part of a rank!

Whyte, those are ACUs. BDUs are woodland camo :) . I have plenty of ABUs (similar color, little less digitized, little more tiger stripes) if you would be happy with that instead. I'm not sure how long it would take me to get ACUs. But if you're willing to wait, I'll get 'em.

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
8 years 7 months ago #200663 by Whyte Horse

Kamizu wrote: Ryu! It's not proper to abbreviate only part of a rank!

Whyte, those are ACUs. BDUs are woodland camo :) . I have plenty of ABUs (similar color, little less digitized, little more tiger stripes) if you would be happy with that instead. I'm not sure how long it would take me to get ACUs. But if you're willing to wait, I'll get 'em.

I can wait... or use ABU. The patches don't need to be patterned, just similar colors. There's nothing worse than a bright orange patch on a ACU so that you can be spotted for miles, hehe.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200667 by
Replied by on topic TOTJO Embroidered Patches?

Kamizu wrote: Here's a preview of the pile of almost-finished ones.
Without going into too much detail: What I'm working on is having one 2" and one 4" of each rank and position for examples, and some black-and-white ones.

If I got one it would probably either be simple black and white, or custom colors. I'm not too comfortable with the idea of wearing rank as a patch; it reminds me too much of the military. No offense meant to those who serve(d) in the armed forces, mind you - it's just, for me, the exact opposite of how I feel Temple "ranks" are best viewed.

But that's just me. :laugh:

More
8 years 7 months ago #200685 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:TOTJO Embroidered Patches?

Whyte Horse wrote:

Kamizu wrote: Ryu! It's not proper to abbreviate only part of a rank!

I can wait... or use ABU. The patches don't need to be patterned, just similar colors. There's nothing worse than a bright orange patch on a ACU so that you can be spotted for miles, hehe.

OH ohoh I'm sorry, I see what you're getting at! You want the COLORS not the PATTERN. As you said the first time lol. I got ya now!

More
8 years 7 months ago #200686 by Kit

CryojenX wrote:

Kamizu wrote: Here's a preview of the pile of almost-finished ones.
Without going into too much detail: What I'm working on is having one 2" and one 4" of each rank and position for examples, and some black-and-white ones.

If I got one it would probably either be simple black and white, or custom colors. I'm not too comfortable with the idea of wearing rank as a patch; it reminds me too much of the military. No offense meant to those who serve(d) in the armed forces, mind you - it's just, for me, the exact opposite of how I feel Temple "ranks" are best viewed.

But that's just me. :laugh:

Where do you think embroidered patches got their start in the first place ;) Military ranks

There'll definitely be black and white patches, I just wanted to offer other options too. Nothing wrong in taking pride in an achievement! "I earned 'dis!" is far different than "lol, my rank makes me better than you!"

The 4" Member patched turned out very pretty. White embroidery with black outline on white fabric...If only white wasn't so hard to keep clean!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi