How to know the creed?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195792 by
How to know the creed? was created by
Hello temple,

I have a question about the Jedi creed. When I started with opening my word program for typing out my understanding about the Jedi creed, I realized that I am not sure if I understand the creed correctly. I wonder if some Jedi can help me, give me an push in the right direction. I will start minding for some time about it if I can not find a beginning for this lesson.

For some time I thought, that the Jedi creed is talking about the relationships between other people, between the understanding of our emotions. But I am not sure, could it be that there is a different understanding about the creed? I hope no person mind that I ask, am a little bit curious I think.. :blush:

Thanks!

~ aqua

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #195806 by Loudzoo
Replied by Loudzoo on topic How to know the creed?
Hi Aqua,

Nobody can tell you what the Creed means to you ;). If you're interested in what it might mean to other people try looking through some journals of those who have completed that assignment in the IP. Ding that will give you an insight into what other people thought when they wrote of it - and give you some different viewpoints - but none of them will be your viewpoint :)

Interpreting the Creed through your relationships with other people and/or through your emotions sounds like a good launch point to me :)

Hope that helps!

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .

More
8 years 10 months ago #195817 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic How to know the creed?
The Creed is an adaptation of the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi . In its original form, the prayer is a request to God to make the supplicant a better servant to others. You can take from that what you will.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #195835 by
Replied by on topic How to know the creed?

Loudzoo wrote: Hi Aqua,

Nobody can tell you what the Creed means to you ;). If you're interested in what it might mean to other people try looking through some journals of those who have completed that assignment in the IP. Ding that will give you an insight into what other people thought when they wrote of it - and give you some different viewpoints - but none of them will be your viewpoint :)

Interpreting the Creed through your relationships with other people and/or through your emotions sounds like a good launch point to me :)

Hope that helps!

If the creed is different to read, then it would mean that it does not give structure to the doctrine? How can the doctrine exits out of part(s) without structure? If the doctrine does not represent any form of structure, then why would we have a doctrine? Would it be to represent the flexibility rather than to bind lessons? What lessons can we gain from words that can be read different?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

More
8 years 10 months ago #195843 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic How to know the creed?
First, thanks for your question. Regarding the creed, there are many interpretations of it, which indeed depend on a number of things including your time as a Jedi, your culture, your beliefs, your experience(age), and a host of others. We wouldn't have the right to tell you whether you are right or not because we view the Creed through our own set of glasses. Don't worry about going off in the wrong direction with it. You may be thinking to hard. Remember to look at both the forest and the trees

As someone suggested, have a look at other journals if you are unsure. They can help you consider things you may have never thought of. Take comfort also in the fact that your view and understanding of the Creed and other aspects of the Doctrine will change with time. It wont be better or worse, it will be different because you will be different.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195860 by
Replied by on topic How to know the creed?

Rosalyn J wrote: First, thanks for your question. Regarding the creed, there are many interpretations of it, which indeed depend on a number of things including your time as a Jedi, your culture, your beliefs, your experience(age), and a host of others. We wouldn't have the right to tell you whether you are right or not because we view the Creed through our own set of glasses. Don't worry about going off in the wrong direction with it. You may be thinking to hard. Remember to look at both the forest and the trees

As someone suggested, have a look at other journals if you are unsure. They can help you consider things you may have never thought of. Take comfort also in the fact that your view and understanding of the Creed and other aspects of the Doctrine will change with time. It wont be better or worse, it will be different because you will be different.

I can agree that I mind a little bit to much sometimes.. :blush: Your words give me inspiration, saying that I should take more comfort in this lesson, and that of others. I am thankful for the responses of the Jedi in this topic.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi