• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195334 by
Newly made member was created by
:whistle:

Gday,

Now that my application for membership has gone through what should my next steps be?

I have one contact on here and I don't know anyone that well really. I have plenty going on in my day to day life and work.

I follow a fair bit of current affairs and other information - mostly academic, and pragmatic.

I am interested in developing business networks so long as they follow certain legalities and morals. I am a strong believer in a code or system of ethics, as I am a believer in sacrifice for the good of the community or the laws of life itself. I get a bit exhausted with greed and selfishness which is prevalent out there. Temptation and vice are a bit passe too.

Would like to make new friends and chat and network along the lines of this website and the principles espousing it. I do like a well structured and robustly fought out argument and can admit I am wrong. I actually enjoy the process of getting to understand others more so than whether I am right or wrong. I won't usually apologize when I am right though because sometimes one must take off the gloves and have a real go :cheer:

Any ideas? I will look at the Oath next too and see what the procedure is there.

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #195346 by
Replied by on topic Newly made member
You just made the next step, I would suggest to search out the community. Look what it has to offer, look what suits you most. Some examples are: IP study, Philosophy, chatting, listening and reading sermons, sharing own experience.. and so much more.
One of the ways to learn people, is to read their Journals, and make a journal of your own. Journals can be used for IP, but it not necessary in the first place. Journals can be used for personal messages to. Learning know people is to send a Private message to sometimes!
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 10 months ago #195349 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Newly made member
In a physical location, we can see a person walk in and greet them...

A website is perfect for lurkers, because they can read and interact without actually "interacting" with another...

You like a good discussion? Go ahead and start one...:)

Or dig an oldie up, and pump some new blood in...;)

Wanna talk one on one, just send a PM to someone saying "hi" and start a convo...

I think only one or two of us bite, but we growl first, so there is a slight warning, :lol:... And mostly it revolves around food!!!

We share articles, news, ideas, recipes, health tips...

Just browse the forums...

I wonder... I'm going to try something for fun...

New topic coming soon.....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 10 months ago #195360 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Newly made member
I'd say jump into a conversation. Either via chat, or one of the forum posts. Find some topic where you have something to say, say it, and get to know the people who agree/disagree/shake their heads at you. Or start a new topic about something you enjoy or are passionate about in some way.

There's lots of busywork if you want to start the IP and go the "knighthood" route eventually, but I'm one of those people who'd rather have pals than titles (which has gained me more than a few of each), so this is my suggestion, personally.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #195556 by
Thanks guys. I appreciate everything that all of you had to offer. I shall definitely keep putting one foot in front of the other. I think I have said to each of you that it is the longest night of the year down here right now, and it is very cold. Definitely the heart of winter, though the sun has been coming out during the day lately and the golden glow is quite brilliant.

Had a good winter lunch of lamb shanks today with mashed potato. This week is going to be a very challenging one for me as I have been very busy for some time in working through a particular problem. In doing so I am representing something a bit bigger than myself and many of those I am protecting would normally have no voice in our society. I come from a fairly privileged background originally and I dropped out some time ago and have since returned a 'prodigal son'. I have gathered some strong allies along the way and I have found some old enemies waiting for me, as well as some new ones.

I am in a position of very strong and unconditional acceptance, and the chances of me checking out early are unlikely though I am very grateful and content to go with the flow in all things. In a way my old self died some time ago and under hardship I developed some beginning of compassion. Listen to learn, and learn to listen and we start to be receptive of the world's pain. There is a lot of it there, as we have a lot of love. Now I have just put the opening riff of the first track to Led Zeppelin 2 in my mind and soul :silly:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #195949 by
Cheers guys. Have the needle threaded. Got to keep rethreading it regularly which is practice in itself.

Beginning a chat through this portal with one member concerning force and energy related stuff.

Got a few other threads going.

In my work around the city and in the community things are further defining too now. In one issue I have been dealing with a government minister here; or more to the point one of their senior commissioners. Have actually found it to be a very positive thing so far. Definitely seeing the good in all sorts of people in all sorts of places. Personally I believe that most people will try their best to do the right thing if given the opportunity.

My glass is half full attitude has really got me in some ding dong battles over the years though :evil:

Quite frankly I wouldn't have it any other way. One thing I have never enjoyed is seeing people suffering, especially when more positive options are available. I have never found arrogance or cruelty to be very attractive or symptomatic of enduring success.

May the force be with you

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi