PLASE HELP!! This has to do with Knighthood...

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #190949 by Tarran
I'm working on a composition piece involving knighthood of many chivalric orders... THERE IS ONE INEFFABLY CORE-IMPORTANT QUOTE that I just can't remember - it might be from a book, it might be from a film... I need to know the wording and the source - the main gist of it all pretty much goes like this;

A knight of the crusade (I think, but I could be wrong - and this one is perhaps a Templar), is either thinking/talking to himself, or remarking to who he's with, about how there are many knights present, from many different orders, and indeed, from various nations and faiths - that he finds his heart/mind at odds with two different ways to see his situation... on the one hand, the faith that he is knight-sworn to defend, professes that the others are all heathens and infidels - on the other hand, all are together in one event/cause, as knights, all dedicated to a moral code of honour, courage, duty, and other virtues... basically, good, morally upright, human beings - so that he could either see the others as heathens and infidels as his faith has taught him from boyhood, or he could see all around him how all are the same, honourable Knights of Moral Code, just like himself, and he, like they... and so he decides to choose the latter.

DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW THE QUOTE OF WHICH I SPEAK??

And if so, do please, PLEASE tell me the correct wording, from whence it came, etc., or point me to where to find it?

Thanks all in advance, Good Sisters and Brothers - and may the Force be with us all, always :)

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Tarran.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #190957 by J_Roz
All I could think of is kingdom of heaven. Sorry.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

More
8 years 10 months ago #190958 by SilverWolf
the movies that come to mind are King Arthur, Camelot, The 13th Warrior

More
8 years 10 months ago #190960 by Tarran
Yeah, I thought it might be Kingdom of Heaven... watched it, couldn't find it. Maybe I read it somewhere? I came across it more than once in my life... now I can't find it anywhere...

More
8 years 10 months ago #190963 by Tarran

SilverWolf wrote: the movies that come to mind are King Arthur, Camelot, The 13th Warrior

Not seen much of those, though looked there anyways. Thanks, I appreciate the effort - I'm actually not looking for ideas where to look - been looking everywhere so far. I'm more hoping someone *KNOWS* of this, and can tell me. But again, thanks.

I'll still remain hopeful that someone knows of this. MTFBWYA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #190976 by
Not The 13th Warrior, or King Arthur, both of these films are pre-Crusades.

I just watched Kingdom of Heaven but I don't remember that quote.

It sounds to me like a loose translation from either The Song of Roland or Gawain and the Green Knight that may have been adapted for a film.

Suggestion: The Templars by Piers Paul Read, Da Capo Press, 1999.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

More
8 years 10 months ago #190977 by Edan
I had a google based on the information you've provided Tarran but I've come up with nothing, and it doesn't remind me of anything I've watched :dry:

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
8 years 10 months ago #190987 by OB1Shinobi
gawain comes up over and over for me when i try google but ive read the gawain story and im pretty sure thats not in it

i havent read the song of roland yet but ive seen it referenced enough different times/places that im curious, i guess nows as good a time as any lol

People are complicated.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 10 months ago #190988 by RyuJin
it could be from one of the robin hood movies...i can't remember which one though...i think possibly the one with morgan freeman....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191503 by

RyuJin wrote: it could be from one of the robin hood movies...i can't remember which one though...i think possibly the one with morgan freeman....

No, it's too heavy for Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves, that movie was too lighthearted for anything really profound, so it might be the one with Russell Crowe. (haven't seen it, though)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi