Initiate Programme

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #150843 by
Initiate Programme was created by
I want to take the initiate programme but am confused as to where I should write my responses to the questions.
Do I email or PM them to somebody, or do I open a journal and write them in there?
Many thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #150844 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Initiate Programme
You start a journal and put your answers and anything you wish in there, if you have any questions you can always pm others. People are pretty friendly here and willing to help :)

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

More
9 years 9 months ago #150845 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Initiate Programme
Hello Ecthalion --

How are you ? ;-)

For your writings to Initiate Programme, you will want to create a journal here :

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Journals

You only 'create' a journal once -- when it is made, you keep replying to the last post of your own journal (Reply at the bottom of your posts, not New Topic in the Journals page) to continue it. It sounds silly to say it like that, but often instead of writing in one's own journal, one gets confused and keeps starting new journals - then it has to be fixed. (I know from experience -- I did that myself when I first came here ... ;-) )

I hope you enjoy your studies. If you have any questions, just ask ...

-- Alexandre

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #150846 by
Replied by on topic Initiate Programme
Thank you both, Elizabeth and Alexandre.
After doing some more reading I've found the instructions clearly written. Too impatient I was!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #150851 by
Replied by on topic Initiate Programme
If I might offer a personal suggestion in the hope that you find it as helpful as I did: when keeping your Journal, write it out in a word document first then copy it to your TotJO Journal. This method has some advantages: first, you have a personal copy of your entries; and second, you can write and edit in stages, taking your time, adding to each Journal entry over time as you fulfill the assignment. Even after posting your Journal entry, when it is on your home computer, you have the opportunity to edit it further if needed.

...and please do accept the offers of assistance posted above. We are all sincerely interested in your work.

Enjoy the Journey.

More
9 years 9 months ago #150869 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Initiate Programme
And just to add to what Alan suggested, it is also helpful, once you've gotten through the studies, to print it out and put it in a binder that you can actually see.

Sometimes, we get to the point of saying : "What the hell is all this for ?"

I've got mine on the buffet ... It is sometimes reassuring to see a 66 page "book" (and that was just the Initiates' Programme) that was written by me.

;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi