Being baptised

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #146685 by
Being baptised was created by
Hello,

Does this order have any restrictions about christian salvations? I am baptised , did my confirmation of fait to the chuch,... Just because I never tought about it and was "forced" by my parents. Every kid does it here at the same age...

I wouldn't do it again if I had the chance, but I'm not planning to get myself unbaptised or something just because it holds no meaning to me to remain baptised.

If I would believe in a God, it would be the God I want to believe in, if not I can simply not put faith in this God, right?

Any other opinions about this matter?

Any possibilties to both believe in this force the site speaks about and extra spiritual beliefs?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #146689 by
Replied by on topic Being baptised
To quote our doctrine :

JEDI BELIEVE

In the Force, and in the inherent worth of all life within it.
In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment, including the death penalty.
In a society governed by laws grounded in reason and compassion, not in fear or prejudice.
In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin.
In the ethic of reciprocity, and how moral concepts are not absolute but vary by culture, religion and over time.
In the positive influence of spiritual growth and awareness on society.
In the importance of freedom of conscience and self-determination within religious, political and other structures.
In the separation of religion and government and the freedoms of speech, association and expression.

Beyond that, you're pretty much free to find your own path. Many if not most Jedi here have additional beliefs of their own, be that from other religions or philosophies, or their own lives. For many that includes some conception of God or Gods.

Chillout wrote: If I would believe in a God, it would be the God I want to believe in, if not I can simply not put faith in this God, right?

My opinion is you believe what you believe, irrespective of what you tell anyone or write on a census form. And that faith is necessarily different to certainty, so an element of doubt, flexibility and self-determination is essential to any sincere, involved faith.

You're certainly very welcome here, baptised or otherwise :)
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #146694 by
Replied by on topic Being baptised
There is no strict definition of the Force, some people have a more deistic approach to it which can be interpreted as a kind of 'God', for others it is more abstract. I know one person who believes in both the Force and God.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #146706 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Being baptised
I was baptized Roman Catholic (and had First Holy Communion), and my first serious spiritual experience was within the Christian mythology/narrative. It still exists in my path, but is augmented by various other non-Christian practises. I try to keep and discover what works, but try not to rush or be judgmental about how something is supposed to work
;)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Adder.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi