Thesis, Antitheses and Synthesis

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #119218 by
Thesis, Antitheses and Synthesis Excise 8 question 1. I have never heard of Thesis, Antitheses and Synthesis ever. So I googled it and I got a bunch of conspiracy theories and the other websites seem to way over simply it. Can anyone suggest a good source of information like a popular book or video I can watch to acquire a grip on what it is. It's hard to write about something in which you have no idea what the words mean.

While I'm at it I'm sure I'm not the first person to point out that question 5 and 6"The Force" "The force and Jediism" are clearly the same question to the point you can't separate them. Can we please fix that? Unless it's some sort of crazy "I wonder what he will do if we give him the same question twice." thing. If we can't fix that can I just combine them into one essay?

Unless you want me to write one essay describing physics down to the quantum level and another essay describing the interconnectivity of systems. The problem with that is the first one won't complete the objective of relaying my worldview which is my understanding of the point of the exercises. The second one kind of will ,but would have to be more informational than anything.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Whyte Horse
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #119222 by Whyte Horse
These are literary terms.
the•sis (thēˈsĭs)
n. A proposition that is maintained by argument.

an•tith•e•sis (ăn-tĭthˈĭ-sĭs)
n. Direct contrast; opposition.

syn•the•sis (sĭnˈthĭ-sĭs)
n. The combining of separate elements or substances to form a coherent whole.

The exercise doesn't look the same as when I did it... must've changed. In question 5 you are asked about the force (in general). In question 6 you are asked about the force(only as it related to jediism).

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Whyte Horse.

More
10 years 6 months ago #119224 by Alexandre Orion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegelian_dialectic

:)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #119254 by
Replied by on topic Thesis, Antitheses and Synthesis
Another method to understand this triadic progression is listening to a work of classical music.

The composer introduces a musical theme. Let us call it theme A - thesis. It is a particular melody that the composer then develops. It may vary somewhat but the melody retains its unique structure. Following this theme the composer then introduces another melody - theme B, antithesis. It could be a harmony that it built upon Theme A or a distinctive melody in the same key. After both musical themes have been played separately they are then combined creating a third melody (synthesis). Themes A and B both retain their melodic distinctiveness but when combined they create a third melody.

Examples of this can be found in numerous musical works (Jazz also). I suggest Mozart's Piano Concerto #11 third movement; or Beethoven's Symphony #5, final movement.

Enjoy.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi