Jedi Council?

More
10 years 10 months ago #109796 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Jedi Council?
Some of my favorite places to visit areā€¦

Yummy in Jedi Tummy

and/or...

Tasty Jedi Treats

hahhahhahahhha :laugh: :P :P :lol:

I love cookies! :woohoo:

Monastic Order of Knights

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 10 months ago #109797 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Jedi Council?

Abhaya Budhil wrote: What are some other sites people belong to that are good? I haven't really found anything that compares to what we have here.

lol, cause there isnt any...;)

We are the biggest, and the bestest...lol....

We dont really like tooting the horns of the other sites....

I will PM you...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #109801 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Council?
Okay, sounds good. Yeah when I first started looking for a temple I found a few other sites before I found this one. The others just didn't seem to have the level of organization and clear path as we have here. Many of them claimed to be temples but were really just fan forums as far as I could tell. I was surprised to hear that people from here belonged to other temples because I wasn't aware there was anything comparable. Anyway, I think I've taken us a bit off topic now. Sorry about that.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 10 months ago #109805 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Jedi Council?
They are not 'temples' like us....

They consider this a 'path' not a religion....

So, we are really, one of a kind, lol, if you ask me...:lol:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #109846 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Council?
I wouldn't say not 'comparable'. There few good Jedi sites for the number that exist... but the ones that are good do really have some good stuff on them. We are unique because we say outright that we are a church and so have an entire clerical/degree side of things set up...

Not to mention that we also have, from what I have been told, the best Apprentice scheme already set up which is probably one of the most important things...

There is some great stuff on the other websites but as with most things, there are lots of people, idiots if you will, that can shout very loudly and get all the attention...

More
10 years 10 months ago #109847 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Jedi Council?
When I had been here for a two or three months, I was wondering about inter-community behaviour. It seemed that there were a lot of people from here doing things in other groups (pardon me please, for I still find something distasteful about calling them "sites") ; people from other groups here and several from here talking about other Jedi communities in which they were taking part. I also had looked over a few of the others, without any particular inspired interest. Then again, it took me a while to join our Temple as well.
Anyway -- I wondered if it were not perhaps commonplace to roam around the Jedi groups. Perhaps this was how intra-faith cooperation worked .... I wouldn't know, I'm not an internaute to that degree.

So, I asked Br. John. He just told me that it wasn't particularly encouraged, but not taboo either. But that answered my question. Since that day, I haven't gone anywhere else. We have a Temple and it is home. When others come here to visit, I'm friendly, yet get a little steamed when one tries to impose on us something from elsewhere - proposing is fine, insisting is not.

Our Temple is well organised ; we have guidelines, yet quite a lot of liberty also ...

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi