Every day Knight and Jedi

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #353970 by Carlos.Martinez3
As Pastor, I got time in my schedule to contimplate a few things. Truly, I made it - and I encourage every LEADER where ever you are to MAKE time to think and or pray meditate or zen out - ground- recharge - release - what ever you call it - schedule it in..... sometimes only you can ...

So - what would a Knight - what would a Jedi look like in every day life? This may and can be what can “they” be but I’m talking more in real life. EXAMPLE :

Does a Jedi always return the carts at the stores ?

Does a Jedi give change to the homeless ? Do they feed em? Do they go a few steps more ?

It’s a hard chat but worth the idea of asking .. what does a real Modern day Jedi look like in real life? Is there a difference ? Can there be? Have you noticed ?

Other than a few groups - we don’t “see” Jedi in gear or robes or dressed in mid evil armor.

Most knights were know for their attire or what they “donned”

What ya donning ? Is there a difference?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion, Diana W

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #353971 by Wescli Wardest

The code I try my best to live by…

My efforts are purely a labor of love.
I will develop my mind,
Body,
And spirit.
So that where there is need,
I may bring aid; and,
Where there is suffering I will bring relief.
My efforts are paid in full from the grace of my actions.
Because I am accountable for my words and deeds;
I strive to have no secret place where I hide from shame or sin;
To be equal in private as in public;
And to do unto others,
As I would like to be done unto me.

It is not always easy! There are times I get angry or just don’t feel like putting up with it. And that is when I know I am not centered and NEED time to refocus, calm, center.

Not only should a Jedi strive to live by a code. But they should do so enthusiastically. Others should see them and want, desire to aspire to that life style. If a Jedi grows for only their self, what greater good does it serve? A Knight of Jediism should grow and inspire. Otherwise, are they really a Knight? Or just someone that got a title?

I knight serves. Serves the master. Serves the people. Without the people a cause is just words, a mantra. In a world of only one, there is no need for a Knight.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3, FTPC, Cheb

More
3 years 7 months ago #354040 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Every day Knight and Jedi

Wescli Wardest wrote:
The code I try my best to live by…

I will develop my mind,
Body,
And spirit.
So that where there is need,
I may bring aid; and,
Where there is suffering I will bring relief.
Because I am accountable for my words and deeds;
I strive to have no secret place where I hide from shame or sin;
To be equal in private as in public;
And to do unto others,
As I would like to be done unto me.

It is not always easy! There are times I get angry or just don’t feel like putting up with it. And that is when I know I am not centered and NEED time to refocus, calm, center.

Not only should a Jedi strive to live by a code. But they should do so enthusiastically. Others should see them and want, desire to aspire to that life style. If a Jedi grows for only their self, what greater good does it serve? A Knight of Jediism should grow and inspire. Otherwise, are they really a Knight? Or just someone that got a title?

I knight serves. Serves the master. Serves the people. Without the people a cause is just words, a mantra. In a world of only one, there is no need for a Knight.

From more of a Taoist perspective, the jedi would be someone unseen. For while they serve the people and the community they do not seek acceptance or reward or contributions for doing so. The act is more then enough. Or such is a Taoist sage life. I tend to follow that area I dont look for my name to be employee of the month, in every case so far I've turned down pins and badges such as the baby I delivered in the field last year. I live to serve, not to broadcast. I feel like if you start using recognition as a goal, then when you don't reach that goal your disheartened into continuing your pledge. Id rather be my personal happiness that I did a good thing for someone, known or otherwise to be the goal. Somethinf that can't fail or be taken away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #354042 by Wescli Wardest
I agree.

That is why two of the lines in the code I try to live by address that in particular.

:)

Don't get me wrong. It always feels nice when someone recognizes your efforts. But that is not why we do what we do. ;)
Nor should any reciprocity be expected.

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Wescli Wardest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 7 months ago #354092 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Every day Knight and Jedi
This might be a weird take, but I imagine a lightsaber on the waist of everyone I deal with. It puts me in a good mindframe for dealing with them. I find I try to understand them deeper and am much less likely to assume malice or selfishness. In that regard, everyone is a Jedi in training...they just don't know it.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 7 months ago #354096 by
Replied by on topic Every day Knight and Jedi
To me, there is a big difference between Jedi and Jedi knights. A Jedi is any Force-user who strives to work in the Light Side. But a knight, whether Jedi or medieval, is someone who has made an oath to serve others. So while it would be hoped that any Jedi might be moved to do such things as return the shopping carts and be a good person in general, it should be expected of a knight. After all, one can hardly pretend to serve others if they are making more work for someone else.

As for homeless issues and similar, I would hope knights would have different approaches as befit their strengths and abilities. One knight might help with charities or food drives, others might devote their time to listen and amplify the voices of the oppressed, those with money to spare might give, and still others might fight for the changes that will eventually eradicate the problem altogether. Together, all these different approaches can effect a far greater force for good than any one alone. So the importance is less in the details of which services are provided and more in the sustained effort on behalf of others. As someone who has always felt called to knightly values, I have always striven to be willing to fight for change alongside others who are oppressed. I rarely have extra money to give, but I always share what resources I can with those less fortunate. I listen to the plights of others and help when and where I am able. In each issue, I try to understand both sides and find win-win solutions where possible, but if it is not possible, I will strive to always take the side of the oppressed over an oppressor. While I might not have a ranking of Knight in this organization, this is my understanding of knighthood in general and the call to action that I have experienced in my personal life. Just so there is no confusion.

TL;DR: A Jedi is known through their connection to the Force. A knight is known through their service to others. Neither should require a visible indication to be clear to an observer.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi