Jedi Wedding

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300339 by
Jedi Wedding was created by
I will be the officiant for my son's wedding soon, as it is a Star Wars themed wedding we have been trying to come up with some Jedi based wedding vows, but so far nothing has really stood out to the happy couple. Please help and share some of your ideas on a Jedi Wedding!

Thanks so much for your help,

Rick D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300341 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Wedding
You may find this a bit much. Let me know and I can help modify, only if you would like.

'We are joined. Both in marriage and in the Force. From the dawn of our time to the setting of our time, I will defend you, I will love you, I will bring peace to you. This, I promise you.'

May the Force with with you and with the happy couple,

Montrachet

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #300352 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Wedding
you might contact Alethea.....

I was helping her a few months back with this. I suggested using a crystal ball which you can find all over Amazon in many different colors and designs. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G9SVDO8?psc=1

In Fiction. Luke and Mara used a crystal ball as I recall. Also Crystals are used in lightsabers and also has a mantra, which could sound pretty amazing in a wedding with possible tweeks

The crystal is the heart of the blade.
The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
The Force is the blade of the heart.
All are intertwined.
The crystal, the blade, the Jedi.
You are one.

Edit to add tweeked version below

The crystal is the heart of our union.
The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
The Force is the union of the heart.
All are intertwined.
The crystal, our union, the Jedi.
we are one.

In real life, Crystals are scientifically known to absorb energies and environmental intentions. Since it would be present for both your wedding and throughout your married life....The Crystal would absorb all that for years to come.

During the ceremony both bride and groom places their hands on the crystal when stating vows and/or repeating the mantra

Just some random thoughts :)
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .

More
6 years 6 months ago #300359 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Jedi Wedding
Gabriel Calderon and I are still working out the details for a Jedi Wedding. Ours incorporates 2 halves of a labyrinth and a Crystal to represent a Union.

Vows are difficult though. For the most part we want to encourage the vows to be written by the couple.

To the Crystal, we have the officiant placing the Crystal in the hands of the couple and they are to meditate on their energy combining into the crystal itself. If they wanted to say something with relation to this, I could see something like:

"As I join my spirit with yours, may the Force connect and guide us in all things we encounter."

But here's another idea:

I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace;
As your husband/wife, I vow that
When you are upset, I will work harder to bring you love;
When you are in despair, I will help you find hope;
When you see only darkness, I will bring you light;
And when you are sadness, I will find help restore your joy.

As your husband/wife,

I shall console you;
I will seek to understand;
I will love you for all my days;
And through our connection in the Force, know that I will never leave your side.

I built that just now based on the Jedi Creed used here at ToTJO. There might be a better way to accomplish this XD.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi