We need you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #211002 by
Replied by on topic We need you!
It is also helpful to remind people that you don't have to be a member of the Clergy, or even a Knight, to submit a sermon to be posted. I know that that held me back for a long time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #211008 by
My intention with this post was really leaves the question open for those with a little more time. This month will surely be a little more difficult, people who are in college are in final exams, those who work are in season year closing.
To make a sermon, one has to really be at a certain level of training, but what matters most is that this message comes from the heart. I'm sure for some, even the most simple words can make a big difference.
So my invitation remains open

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #211057 by
I wrote two sermons: one open, one live. Neither were used and in fact one was completely discarded in favor of another. Why should I bother?

More
8 years 3 months ago #211066 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic We need you!
Really?? Im so sorry. It was likely my oversite. My appologies

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #211076 by
I get that we all make mistakes, but I had gone out of my way to notify you that the sermon was ready just a few days before it was to be published. I put it in the queue and all that was necessary to publish it was for someone with proper access to hit "publish".

My name was on the Sermon Schedule for both dates and somehow they were completely overlooked. I'm asking why I should bother signing up, putting the effort and forethought into writing them if this is the kind apathetic negligence they get? I know people are busy, but so am I and it's ridiculous that I'm being asked to write more while this issue has gone unnoticed and unaddressed.

And before anyone appeals to our "go with the flow" kind of culture here at the Temple, there's a difference between a controlled relaxed atmosphere and an atmosphere ripe with things falling apart. Why should anyone put the time and effort into a writing a sermon when they're not treated as such? The time and effort, the meaning of the sermon; all trampled on under the foot by a lack of respect.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 3 months ago #211085 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic We need you!
Agreed...

Since you seem to really be put out, I would suggest you don't offer to write anymore...

Use your time for something you find worthy of your time and energy...

Same advice I would give to anyone...

I've seen years of work tossed out here, and a similar reaction...

It happens..

Genetally, it is neither "lack of respect", nor should it be taken personally...

But, that also happens...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #211089 by
I don't take it as a personal offense, but it was still disrespectful. Do I think Ros or anyone here is out to devalue my work? Nope. But I also think that even the most unintentional negligence can be disrespectful or harmful.

I have already started to redirect my energy to different pursuits to benefit the Temple and I'm awaiting a reply from the Synod, however because my proposal was sent in just a week before Thanksgiving and there are two Americans on the Synod, I suspect it will be another week or so before I even get an acknowledgement.

More
8 years 3 months ago #211090 by Rosalyn J
Jamie,
I want you to know that I am working on being more responsible so that this doesnt happen again.
For example, I will have emails for sermons coming to my phone. That way I can know sermons are waiting. Bruno has been helping me with reminding people of their sermons and such. Also, there was a period of time in which notifications of PMs were getting sent to my spam (for whatever reason). This position has been a learning process for me.
I'm sorry I slighted you.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #211099 by
Look, I don't want to get bogged down in the details of one specific case because I don't think it's going to make anything better, but for the record you did reply to my message thanking me for letting you know (that the sermon was completed and waiting in the queue) which means you received my message, read it, replied and simply didn't use the sermon I sent in for whatever reason. People got really mad at me for wanting to formalize the processes which the clergy use to do stuff and I was told not to take things so seriously, but this kind of thing was exactly why I was the way I was about it. It's not being stuffy for the sake of being stuffy, but rather trying to dignify the work people do for this Temple with the proper respect it deserves.

The clergy is disorganized and just about every naysayer (within and without the clergy) has said so, but the Synod (like all bureaucracies) is a slow-turning wheel made worse by a relaxed culture where we strive to be as flexible as possible while not acknowledging the fact that at times it's not flexibility but an absence of attentiveness. I have decided that my time would probably be better spent helping reconstruct the clergy than enable the dysfunctional lack of process which the clergy operates on.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #211103 by Rosalyn J
Ok. Like I said, I'm really sorry. I don't actually remember getting a message from you. For the record, I had a look at the article manager and the only sermon I see is "Honoring Today" I'm not going to make excuses. I'm just going to commit to doing better.

Edit: Oops, was thinking of the wrong person...under duress and all. The author of that sermon was actually cryo

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi