Sermon on Forgiveness

More
9 years 6 months ago #163683 by Eleven
Sermon on Forgiveness was created by Eleven
Another Jedi who struggles with forgiveness in our temple inspired me to write this sermon and I hope with the Force this can help some people who struggle on forgiveness. Being a Christian aside from being a Jedi I whole heartly believe in forgiveness. Why? Because Jesus said if you don't forgive others you sins won't be forgive of you? Yes, but, not completely. I believe that don't get me wrong but, I and this in my opinion nothing more that but, everyone should be forgiven I don't feel a Jedi should ever hold a grudge or bitterness in their hearts toward anyone. With the help of the Force I mediate and hope this may help someone.

A1. You cannot change what has been done.
1. It's already happened don't dwell on it.
2. It will only cause more bitterness and suffering (which is the darkside of the force)

A2. That person is probably not thinking about you anymore.
1. I've learned that Most people have moved on they're not thinking about it anymore.
2. Some people justify themselves for what they did even if what they did to you isn't right.
3. We often when hurt by the situation our minds are not thinking clearly all we can think about is the hurt.
4. They don't care.

A3. Unforgiveness is unfitting of a Jedi (My own personal Opinion).
1. Unforgiveness, leads to "anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" -Yoda
2. You cannot go straight off your emotions "There is no emotion there is peace" if you get your own emotions
involved Point 1. of A3 will be there.
3. Dwelling on something for long periods of time is not good. Repeat A3. 1-3.

Now these are all negative reasons why unforgiveness I feel is unfitting for a jedi. However, Please I hope I have not offended anyone today I don't mean to if I have. I know, there might be certain situations with my fellow Jedi that go deeper than just a fight with a good friend or, a family member or TOTJO Member for that matter. I am sure there are things in our lives that require time to overcome.

B1. Forgiveness Requires Time
1. Always have believe that time heals things
2. Mediation, prayer, seeking The Force and/or God

B2. There is healing in forgiveness
1. That person may have be in the wrong but, forgiveness for that person always shows your the bigger person. Even
if they don't except it.
2. You will feel better afterwords. Trust me when I have held forgiveness in my heart with someone it's always is very
therapeutic to go and make amends with that person. Again even if they don't accept it or they weren't thinking about it
anymore.
3. There is no regret or shoulda, woulda, coulda. You never know if that will be the last time you see that person. "We are as like vapor" The Apostle Paul wrote the the Church. "We're here today and Gone tomorrow." -Apostle Paul. I met a woman one time that was raped by her father countless times (and this why I apologized to my members if this sermon or what I say offends anyone). She held bitterness in her heart for close to 30 years I think she said. She eventually after becoming a Christian found forgiveness in her heart for her father and wished to reconcile with him. He was on his death bed by this point. Upon wishing to see him to tell him she was sorry he passed away. She cried telling me that she never got the chance to tell her father that she forgave him for what he'd done he went to his grave believing she still hated him. My point if it's possible you need to go to that person and reconcile with them. But if it's not possible, remember that the healing can happen even if you just forgive that person in you heart.

C1. Our Creed, may I say anymore? :)

I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace;

Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

I am a Jedi.

I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

The Force is with me always, for I am a Jedi.

MTFBWY!

-Jedi Sven One

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi