• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8421 by
Wedding Ceremonies was created by
Example Wedding Ceremony #1

\"This is an actual wedding ceremony used to perform the rites of marriage\"

We are gathered here today to celebrate one of the happiest moments in the lives of ______(man) and _______(woman); for on this day_______ (man) and ______(woman) affirm before witnesses of earth and heaven that they believe God has purposed that they should share life in the holy bonds of Christian marriage. _______(man) and _______(woman) desire that God would be honored in their marriage.

Would you join me with them in prayer as we seek God’s full blessing upon their relationship?

(Prayer) Say the chosen prayer.

Who gives this woman to be married to this man?

It was in the quiet bowers of the Garden of Eden that God made man in His own image. But the Bible tells us that God say that it was not good for man to be alone. So with loving care he removed a bone from Adam’s side from which to fashion Eve. And God brought Eve to Adam. Thus, the scriptures suggest that God specifically made Eve for Adam, and Adam for Eve. ______(man) and _______(woman), You have both affirmed that you believe God specifically purposed you to share life together. As an acknowledgment that you do receive one another as God’s gift, please join hands together.

_______(man), it is important for a husband to learn something about receiving his wife by observing the manner in which God created Eve. God did not use a bone from Adam’s foot to suggest he should “lord it over” the wife. Nor did he take a bone from his head to suggest that Eve should “lord it over” the husband. In choosing to use Adam’s rib it is suggested that Eve was created to share life at Adam’s side, close to his heart. Also, since Adam was created first, it is suggested that God intends man to initiate spiritual leadership in the home.

_______ (man), it is your commitment to receive ________ (woman) to your side to love her and care for her, to open your heart and life to her, and to be the spiritual leader in the home? Do you promise? “I do”.

________ (woman), the wife learns something important about her role in marriage and how to receive her husband by also observing the order of creation. Inasmuch as God chose to first create man, then from man made woman and brought her to man, it is suggested that God’s intention is for a wife to truly consider herself as a gift to her husband. This in turn suggests that she must trust her husband as the leader in the home.

As the New Testament teaching bears out. Of course, this means that a wife must be submissive to her husband’s spiritual authority and leadership in the home.

_______ (woman), is it your commitment to receive ______ (man) as your spiritual head and be submissive to his leadership as his supportive and loving wife? Do you promise?

As an expression of your commitment today, ______ (man) and ________ (woman), you will now exchange wedding rings and vows.

Much is suggested about the quality of your love as we look at the rings. Made of gold, one of the purest metals, the ring suggests your commitment to unfailing purity and fidelity in your love. So as you wear it, may you be continually reminded of this commitment.

Also, we note that the ring is a complete circle with no separation point. This suggests a commitment on your part to always remain together, to never reject one another. It further suggests an openness to seek to see life from one another’s viewpoint with the understanding that each of you makes a vital contribution to the strength an character of the other.

_______ (man), as you now take the ring from the pages of the Bible (extend open Bible for bridegroom to take the ring) to place it on your bride’s finger, please repeat these words after me:

______ (woman), with this ring I commit all my love to you. As I love the Lord, so do I love you. I receive you as God’s gift to me. I receive every quality of your life as purposed by God to perfect virtue in me. As God enables me, I will lead our home spiritually under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. I will seek to support and encourage you through each life challenge. All that is mine is yours until death should part us.

Now, ________ (woman), as you take the ring for _______ (man) from the Bible to place it on his finger, please repeat these words after me:

________ (man), with this ring I commit all my love to you. As I love the Lord, so do I love you. I receive you as God’s gift to me. I receive every quality of your life as purposed by God to perfect virtue in me. I trust the Lord to enable me to be submissive to you as my spiritual head and leader of our home. I will seek to support and encourage you through each life challenge. All that is mine is yours until death should part us.

(Bride and groom kneel for closing prayer.)

I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my great pleasure to be the first to introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. __________. “Crowd applause”.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8422 by
Replied by on topic Re:Wedding Ceremonies
Example Wedding Ceremony #2

Minister: Dearly Beloved: We are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended of the apostle Paul to be honorable among all men; and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, and in the fear of God. Into this holy estate, these two persons come now to be joined. If any man can show just cause why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter forever hold your peace.

I require and charge you both, as ye will answer in the great Day of Judgment, when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed, that if either of you knows any impediment why ye may not be lawfully joined together in matrimony, ye do now confess it. For be ye well assured, that if any persons are joined together otherwise than as God’s Word doth allow, their marriage is not lawful.

The minister now addresses the groom: _______ (man’s name), wilt thou have this woman to be thy wedded wife, to live together after God’s ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health; and forsaking all others, keep thee only onto her, so long as ye both shall live?

The minister now addresses the woman; _______ (woman’s name), wilt thou have this man to be thy wedded husband, to live together after God’s ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou obey him, and serve him, love, honor, and keep him in sickness and in health; and forsaking all others, keep thee only onto him, so long as ye both shall live?

Who giveth this woman to be married to this man?

The couple shall join right hands as they exchange vows: I, _______ (man’s name), take thee, _______ (woman’s name), to be my wedded wife; to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part according to God’s holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth.

I, ________ (woman’s name), take thee, _______ (man’s name), to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, to cherish and obey, till death do us part, according to God’s holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth.

(Then they shall loosen their hands. The minister shall take the woman’s ring from the best man and place it in the groom’s hand. The groom then places the ring on the bride’s finger. The groom shall repeat the following vow.) With this ring I thee wed, and with all my worldly goods I thee endow; in the name of the Father, and Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

(Then they shall loosen their hands. The minister shall take the man’s ring from the maid of honor and place it in the bride’s hand. The bride then places the ring on the groom’s finger. The bride shall repeat the following vow.) With this ring I thee wed, and with all my worldly goods I thee endow; in the name of the Father, and Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

(Then the minister shall say) Let us pray.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; they kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven; Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. O Eternal God, Creator and Preserver of all mankind, Giver of all spiritual grace, the Author of everlasting life; send Thy blessing upon thee Thy servants, this man and woman, whom we bless in Thy name; that as Isaac and Rebecca lived faithfully together, so these persons may surely perform and keep the vow and covenant betwixt them made, whereof this ring given and received is a token and pledge and may ever remain in perfect love and peace together, and live according to thy laws, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

(Then the minister shall join their hands together and say ;) What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.

(Then the minister shall address the assembled company ;) Forasmuch as ______ (man’s name) and _______ (woman’s name) have consented together in holy wedlock, and have witnesses the same before God and this company, and hereto have given and pledged their troth, each to the other, and have declared the same by giving and receiving a ring, and by joining hands: I pronounce that they are husband and wife, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

(Then the minister shall add a blessing in closing ;) God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, bless, preserve, and keep you: The Lord mercifully with His favor look upon you, and fill you with all spiritual benediction and grace; that you may so live together in this life, and through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, life everlasting. Amen.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8423 by
Replied by on topic Re:Wedding Ceremonies
Example Wedding Ceremony #3

We have gathered together to celebrate the commitment of love, a commitment that _____ (man’s name) and ______ (woman’s name) believe to be the leadership of the Holy Spirit in their lives. Let us ask our Heavenly Father to bless this special occasion.

(Prayer): Dear Lord: We come into your presence with thanksgiving and praise. We bless you for the assurance of Your guidance in our lives. We praise You for the awareness that You care about every endeavor of our lives, especially our relationships that lead to Christian marriage. Bless then, this special occasion as ______ (man’s name) and _____ (woman’s name) come before You, their family, and friends to link their lives together in this ceremony of commitment. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.

(Minister): A Christian wedding ceremony finds a great deal of instruction, encouragement, guidance, and admonition in the Holy Scriptures.

In the story of Adam and Eve, the second chapter of Genesis adds vital insights to the concept of marriage. This chapter tells how the Lord God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life so that he became a living soul. Then the Lord God placed him in the beautiful Garden of Eden. Something, however, was lacking. The man was not complete in the garden. Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him”

This early Bible account points to one of woman’s important roles-that of helpmeet to her husband. Wives have rendered valuable help to their husbands in every field of human activity and in every period of the world’s history, from the time of Eve to the present. But woman was not created solely to be man’s subordinate helper.

After the Lord God decided to make woman, He caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man. God took one of Adam’s ribs, not a part of his head or foot to be ruler or to trample upon her, but from near his heart, of the same substance as man, a coequal, not inferior or superior, but a sharer of life.

In a marriage ceremony with God Himself as the officiating minister, “The Lord God…brought her unto the man”.

United with woman, man was now complete and whole. No longer were they two people, but one. Adam expressed the closeness of their union when he declared; “This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman”.

Jesus underscored the uniqueness of this first marriage and its continuing importance when he made this penetrating and comprehensive statement: “But from the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; and they twain shall be one flesh, so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder”. God’s pattern is clear. One man for one woman until death do them part.

Believing that this couple understands that kind of lifetime love and commitment as taught in God’s Word, it is my privilege to ask: “Who gives this woman to be married to man? (The father giving the bride answers, I do).

(Minister addressing the man :) ____ (man’s name, do you accept ____ (woman’s name) as equal to you as a person? Do you find in her qualities that you respect, admire, and share that you believe you can live with for a lifetime? Do you intend to give freely to her and receive freely from her? Do you receive ____ (woman’s name) now to be your wife and do you promise to develop this relationship during your marriage? (Man answers, I do).

(Minister addresses the woman :) ____ (woman’s name), do you accept (man’s name) as an equal to you as a person? Do you find in him the qualities you respect, admire, and share that you believe you can live with for a lifetime? Do you intend to give freely to him and receive freely from him? Do you receive ____ (man’s name) now to be your husband and do you promise to develop this relationship during your marriage? (Woman answers, I do).

(Minister now asks the man to face the woman and take her by both hands and repeat the following vow of commitment :)

“I accept you, ____ (woman’s name), as a person and to be my wife, with your strengths, and with your weaknesses, to be loyal to you in health or illness, to share what I have and who I am, to love enough to risk being hurt, to trust when I misunderstand, to weep with you in sorrow, to celebrate with you in joy, and to create life with you in reverence.”

(Minister asks woman to repeat a similar vow)

“I accept you ____ (man’s name), as a person to be my husband, with your strengths, and with your weaknesses, to be loyal to you in health or illness, to share what I have and who I am, to love enough to risk being hurt, to trust when I misunderstand, to weep with you in sorrow, to celebrate with you in joy, and to create life with you in reverence.”

(The groom takes the ring from the best man, and places it onto his wife’s finger). The Minister says:

____ (woman’s name), the ring which _____ (man’s name) places on your finger is like rings fashioned many centuries ago in the form of a circle, made of a precious metal, signifying the quality of your marriage as made for eternity, by the hand of God. This ring has no ending; so does the love _____ (man’s name) has for you.

(Pledge: Man repeats after minister) “This ring I give you in faith and pledge of our constant love and lasting devotion.”

(The bride takes the ring from the maid of honor and places it on her husband’s finger). The minister says:

_____ (man’s name), the ring which (woman’s name) places on your finger is a token of her sincere love for you. This ring is gold, a metal most precious, and least likely to tarnish. This symbol of value is an outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual grace.

(Pledge: Woman repeats after minister) “This ring I give you in faith or pledge of our constant love and lasting devotion.”

(Prayer)

Dear Father: Giver of life and love, time and eternity. These two people whom You love very much have made public their vows of commitment to You and to one another. Guard and help them keep these sacred and beautiful vows. Grant them a long life to develop their marriage. Guide the with Your wisdom in their daily lives. May their marriage be all that You intend it to be. Give them enough difficulty to keep them dependent on one another and leaning on You: enough joy and sunshine to remind them of the sheer thrill of living in Your will.

Thank you, Father, for meeting us here. We ask our prayer in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who demonstrated love in its highest dimension on the Cross of Calvary. Amen.

((Couple faces the minister; the minister says) _____ (man’s name), and _____ (woman’s name), because you have exchanged sacred vows, because you have given rings as symbols of your commitment to Christian marriage, it is my privilege to pronounce that from this day forward, in the sight of God and man, you are now husband and wife. What God hath joined together, let no man put asunder. God bless you.

(The minister says) ______ (man’s name), you may kiss your bride and your wife.

(The minister says) I am happy to introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. ________.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi