\"Rules for the Forum\"

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 6 months ago #6965 by Neaj Pa Bol
\"Rules for the Forum\"

I have been sitting here, thinking of what \"Rules for the Forum\" means to me. I am one that likes things simplified and not so stricked you don't have breathing room to be human, so I will use and old phrase...
Keep it simple stupid...

1) This forum is open to all and any to post, read and maybe ponder in thought.

2) Posts should be of a positive nature, i.e.: pose a question, pose a thought, open discussion without bias.

3) THERE WILL BE NO BASHING OR ATTACKING POSTS OR MEMBERS OR MEMBERS BELIEFS OR CHOICES.

4) Topic is Christian Jedi, this is each persons own beliefs, understandings, thoughts, questions, etc., with polite and kind responses.

5) This forum is designed for members that follow a Christian standard in conjunction with Jediism.

I would expect that our members that come here will uphold good faith in posting. All members are welcome to join in. This is just a space for those who wish to have discussions and thoughts in their chosen path of Christianity inconjunction with Jediism.

Revision of these \"Rules for the Forum\" maybe updated as needed.

Thank you

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7666 by
I understand this Forum to be a christian Jedi forum. I also see that the other rites are Buddhist, Wiccan, Pure Land, and Sith. If one were a muslim Jedi or Jewish Jedi, would these groups be lumped in with CHristian in this forum? I would tend to think it so because the three Abrahamic religions,(Muslim, Christian, Jewish) are monotheistic, therefore basically very similar. Also I cant really see jewish or muslim going into any other forum. Any thoughts on this?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #7667 by Jon
That`s a really good question. Just to clear something, the rite which you described as being Wiccan is in actual fact Pagan which includes a whole array of spiritualities.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7669 by
We, to my knowledge, have not had that question come up before. It's something that I will bring up and talk to Tom about. I don't think it would be right to lump those of Jewish or Muslim beliefs in with Christians as they are not Christians. We'll see what gets worked out.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7671 by
As Jon had said,\" Just to clear something, the rite which you described as being Wiccan is in actual fact Pagan which includes a whole array of spiritualities.\"

I was thinking that the five rites were the main rites to lesser beliefs. For example, wicca could be classified under Pagan, and jewish and islam could be under christian. I was raised a muslim, but I wouldn't mind at all being considered a christian Jedi, seeing that Christian Jedi is closer to Islam than the other rites listed.

Anyway, glad to spark new conversations.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7672 by
Almost forgot. I really like the original five rites as five rites and not six or seven. I hope that having five rites do not change.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7673 by
Well, maybe we'll just have to adapt the Christian rite a little then...lol.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #7675 by Jon
Considering that their only common denominator lies in the early part of the Old Testament; that Christianity is even considered by some as a splinter group of the Hebrew faith... to consider Islamic or Hebrew expression of faith under the title of Christian rite as being very questionable. In our public work, as a Temple, I am sure this will be a cause for great discussion and may be conflict.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #7681 by
Maybe we could rename it the \"Monolithic Rite\", lol. They all do have the common factor of believing in just one god. Just have to toss a definition/explaination into the mix so folks know what it is.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 5 months ago #7687 by Neaj Pa Bol
Justice wrote:

Maybe we could rename it the \"Monolithic Rite\", lol. They all do have the common factor of believing in just one god. Just have to toss a definition/explaination into the mix so folks know what it is.

Interesting subject, but I would like some imput if we have members of the Jewish or Muslim faith to help in this discussion. We just may need to have additional rites for them if they wish to not be so closely related to Christianity or maybe a sub-rites under a main title to cover all three that can come to an agreement of Monolithic or another name....

Definitely need to chew Tom's ear a bit when he gets back....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi