Jedi are patient!

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
15 years 3 months ago #21029 by Jon
Jedi are patient! was created by Jon
In our \"calling\" and \"ministry\" as Jedi we declare ourselves to be forgiving! (16.6) \"Jedi are patient. Patience is elusive\". (Oxford dictionary definition of Patience: understanding, indulgence, forgiveness).

(Is 61, 1) \"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has annointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the (physical and spiritual) captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound.\"

Patience is an experience through which we are freed into a new life of growth. This freedom enables us with the necessary healing that we need to see our lives with greater _object_ivity and insight.

(II Cor 5, 17) \"Therefore if any person is in Christ he is a new creation; the old (previous moral and spiritual condition) has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!\"

Since forgiveness point to a life destined for eternity, it is a work made possible through the power of the Force. (16.12) \"the soul and spirit continue in the netherworld of the Living Force.\"

(Lk 7, 44) \"Then turning toward the woman, He said to Simon, Do you see this woman? When I came into your house , you gave me no water for My feet, but she has wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.\" An unforgiving or impatient heart is not only blind to the needs of others but also blind to its own need of healing. It is an experience not only granted to ourselves but is also for the benefit of others.

Both positions of \"patience\" or \"impatience\" are juxtaposed in the parable of the prodigal son (Lk 15, 11-32). We could infact rename the story as either the parable of the forgiving father or the parable of the unforgiving brother. In any case the story tells one of the creative power of \"patience\" and the destructive power of \"impatience\". In this story we are presented the opportunity to reflect on where we stand as far as \"patience\" is concerned.

We certainly have to loose the illusion that being \"patient\" is easy! That it can be simply turned on! (Mt 18, 21-22) \"Then Peter came upto Him and said, Lord, how many times may my brother sin against me and I forgive him and let it go? (As many as) up to seven times? Jesus answered him, I tell you, not up to seven times, but seventy times seven!\" We should be \"patient\" so many times until the pain of an offence or the memory of something fades.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 3 months ago #21047 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi are patient!
In addition to the wise words of Master Hans, I would like to show you a sermon that I wrote a while back concerning the matter.

http://templeofthejediorder.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=803&Itemid=36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi