Life, the Force, and God (a ranting of realization)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #14767 by
I sit and I wonder am I doing anything wrong? Would God be upset with me for my interest in my new discipline of Jediism? I s what I am doing a sin? Then I realize something. I realize God is the Force. He surrounds us, envelopes us, his creative energy is in our very being. He is the Force or maybe the Force is him. The very creative energy of God is the Force. and we dont manipulate the Force we use it because we are allowed to by Gods will but not only by His will but because we are part of it and it is a part of us and when we die we return to it. I envision the Force as a swirling mass of color and radiant energy The aura of the Almighty himself. This mass seems random and chaotic but i realize there is rythm and purpose and a pattern of what appears to be chaotic events. I have this nagging voice in the back of my mind it says \"You are destined for greatness\" It could be ego i suppose but i dont think so i think it is God (the Force) speaking to me as it speaks to all of us because we are connected with it, the voice that lets us know when we are in a good place when we have reached our calling and satisfied our destiny. A voice that is only silenced by death and I believe death only comes to those who have reached their destiny, their true destiny not what their ego tells them it is they want but rather what the were meant for, whether it be to save a persons life even if only one person so they may fulfill their greatness or to teach youth or whatever it maybe. I also believe we do not know what it is until our last moment when our life flashes before our eyes and our eventual remergence with the Force. A single moment in time that defines our entire purpose and it only takes a lifetime to realize it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #175392 by
"I sit and I wonder am I doing anything wrong? Would God be upset with me for my interest in my new discipline of Jediism?"

No, i imagine God would be pleased that you are using your brain for it's intended purpose, and perhaps She/He would bestow blessings upon you for employing your cerebral cortex in it's created function.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

More
9 years 3 months ago #175432 by Kohadre
Why do we worship Gods, why do we give them power.

Truly, we do give them power because a God is only powerful as long as people still believe in it, and give it power.

Do we worship them out of fear of retribution, punishment, or torment? Do we do so while lying to our self and others that while terrified of this God, we love it as well? How can we truly love anything we fear, much less interact with it out of terror at the consequences of not doing so.

Or do we genuinely love them without coercion to do so, without any threat of torture or punishment.

Do we truly believe?

Do we believe our Gods are as real as the table we are sitting at, the person we are talking to, the T.V we are watching, or the food we eat. Do we believe undeniably and undoubtedly that the God we worship is real beyond any doubt?

Or do we just hope that God exists, out of an inability to come to terms with our own finiteness. Do we inflate our claims of faith, to try and convince ourselves (not just others) of our Gods legitimate existence.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175486 by
Very good questions. I ponder the same ones. I think we are weak and look to another source for strength even if we have to make it up.

More
9 years 2 months ago #179704 by OB1Shinobi
i think we have been given a lot of hocus pocus focus on the locust nonesense about god and life and obligation and on and on

i always offer this; it doesnt matter what one belives about god
if one makes a sincere dedication to the fearless pursuit of truth, forsaking all else, and always open to review when appropriate, then whatever god there may be will eventually find you and this will make you one of its true children and desciples

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179832 by
If you are centered in something that is not "true", you are centered in "Nothing". Consequently, you will feel empty and disconnected. If you are centered in that which is, that which is true and eternal - such as the Force, then you are centered in that which is real and true. This is the true state of being. This is the only true relationship, between you and The Force, that will fulfill you. there is no emptiness when you are connected to the completeness of the Force - the source of all life.

More
9 years 2 months ago #179857 by Gisteron

baru wrote: If you are centered in something that is not "true", you are centered in "Nothing". Consequently, you will feel empty and disconnected. If you are centered in that which is, that which is true and eternal - such as the Force, then you are centered in that which is real and true. This is the true state of being. This is the only true relationship, between you and The Force, that will fulfill you. there is no emptiness when you are connected to the completeness of the Force - the source of all life.

Replace "The Force" with "Lord Vishnu", "Jesus Christ" or "Allah, The Merciful" and you have an argument for something you just said isn't true or is Nothing right in the first sentence.

It is not true that being centered on an ultimately false belief is being centered on nothing. That false belief still exists and influences things within the person and by implication around the person, too. The fact that it is not ultimately true doesn't take away from the existence of the thought itself. I have met countless Christians and Jews, some Muslims and a few Jehova's Whitnesses who told me how empty and disconnected I must feel since my life isn't centered on their respective deities and they are frankly (forgive me, Alexandre) just as wrong about that as you are in saying that without being centered around the Force one would feel empty and disconnected. I would indeed argue that the Force with all its warmth that all the other gods have been providing for millennia (and are without exception better at for all the refinement they got in the mean time), in my humble opinion cannot and could not ever compete in this with an actual friend and nor can anything else.

To clarify, I am not staying that truth doesn't matter. Of course it does, and basing your beliefs and choices on things you can rely on through reason as opposed to faith alone is a better choice on any day. But to say "you cannot feel truly fulfilled untill you believe in the true god - mine" is a very, very big claim indeed for which I don't suspect you have nearly as big evidence; and I for one, if challenged to it, can also prove it false.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #180402 by OB1Shinobi
realization has one true love, and it is awe

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi