Pope Francis Discusses Gay Catholics: 'Who Am I To Judge?'

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 8 months ago #114299 by

MJ Hannigan wrote: And who is the pope to decide how to dictate howis the Cathlics see this issue? He is the Pope and it is his job to decide such matter.

Can you clarify that, the former sentence would imply a negative but the latter implies a positive...

MJ Hannigan wrote: i think it is foolish for them to adapt new positions.

You do? How interesting...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 8 months ago #114300 by

Akkarin wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: And who is the pope to decide how to dictate howis the Cathlics see this issue? He is the Pope and it is his job to decide such matter.

Can you clarify that, the former sentence would imply a negative but the latter implies a positive...

MJ Hannigan wrote: i think it is foolish for them to adapt new positions.

You do? How interesting...

The first part was meant to, the second part i know. I honesty do not change my standards for others and i expect the church would be even harsher then me.

Now do not get me wrong i think the church is a congreation of fools, however i still do expect them to have a spine and stand firm.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 8 months ago #114301 by ren

The pope also used the occasion to expand on his June remarks about a "gay lobby" in the Vatican, clarifying that "he was against all lobbies, not just gay ones," the Italian news agency ANSA reports.

"Being gay is a tendency. The problem is the lobby," ANSA quotes the pontiff saying. "The lobby is unacceptable, the gay one, the political one, the Masonic one."

Says the guy who began papacy with opinions over falklands sovereignty.
BS in religious affairs? Check.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
10 years 8 months ago #114302 by Alexandre Orion

ren wrote: Says the guy who began papacy with opinions over falklands sovereignty.
BS in religious affairs? Check.

BS is the most highly respected rite in 5000 years of religious tradition. Wouldn't want to break from that, would we ... ?

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 8 months ago #114305 by Jestor

Alexandre Orion wrote: And this is why Jedi observe, feel and use wisdom, focus and knowledge, in the measure of possible, to come to believe what we may believe from where and when we are in discovering the who and what ... Science is taking care of finding out how.

We do not say what to believe, just "to believe ..."

The Force (given that is the name we will call it) reveals Itself -- we don't need to preach it.

And when the time is right 'for an individual' to seek 'the answer' (or is it the question?), if it ever is, then they will seek their own answers... Whatever they may be..;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #114311 by Ben
I found it quite hard to get excited about his stance on gay priests when he immediately followed it up by saying that 'the door is closed' for women priests.

Yes, he did follow this up by explaining that he believes that women have a very important place in the Church (more important than Bishops and Priests) and that he just hasn't worked it out yet - but it doesn't wash with me.

So in one interview he said that he has no right to judge gays...and then immediately demonstrates that he considers himself a judge over [the place of] women in the Catholic Church.

http://youtu.be/litnTBtYMGY

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Ben.

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
10 years 8 months ago #114314 by Jestor
Its our (human) progression...

I noticed it too...

And while it bugged me, I didnt want it to overshadow the small bit of ground gained..lol...

Women in the clregy will be next...;)

It may just take another 500 years, lol...

As I said in my last post... If they dont change fast enough, they will die as a belief...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 8 months ago #114324 by
He didn't really change the views of the Catholic Church. He just reminded people of what it means to be Christian. He says that, while homosexuality is a sin, it is not for him to judge individuals and ostracize them. And gay priests are certainly okay with him because they aren't supposed to be having romantic or sexual relationships with anyone anyway. That is a change from the previous pope who didn't accept gay people at all ever for any reason. This one isn't saying "being gay is just fine let's all go to Pride." He's only saying that Christians don't judge others for their sins even when they know their actions to be sinful. It is an important step in the right direction, but it isn't as drastic or insane as a lot of people are making it out to be.

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #114346 by Jestor
This comes off harsher in my rereads than it is meant too...

Sorry...:)

Its not intended too....

Remember, I am smiling...;)

Read it a Daffy Duck, or Sylvester the Cat voice, if that helps lighten the mood...:D

Warning: Spoiler!

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 8 months ago #114367 by
Oh, I'm not arguing that this isn't a big deal at all, but I've seen a lot of my friends on Facebook acting like this means they're going to start allowing gay marriages next week. He never said acting on homosexuality is okay, just that being homosexual is fine (which has been the stance of the church for a while anyway). He's reminding people not to judge, which they shouldn't have been doing in the first place. Mostly he's telling Catholics to get it together and remember to live in Christ, and I think that is very important and definitely would be a refreshing change.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi