Ranks: Council Announcement

More
11 years 9 months ago #62946 by Zanthan Storm
I will think on it, as I have said in our communications, I pulled from the IP to train here. However, that is somewhat off topic of this thread. I am glad nothing has changed, however, I expect to be part of the process of changing/creating policy on a chapter that I head.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #62950 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Ranks: Council Announcement
I wasn't accusing you of any wrongdoing, however any "proper" way we come up with will undoubtedly require more communication between your chapter and the rest of totjo.

We had a real-life ordination in the UK early may, but we also made the necessary announcements and kept the necessary records of it for the rest of totjo, not just for the few of us (including two cardinals) who were there.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
11 years 9 months ago #62951 by Zanthan Storm
Totjo was informed, and informed properly. Those who I was told to be informed were. There was an announcement in accordance with the instructions I received when first asking about knighting/setting up the chapter back when I held the office of cardinal. While my chapter and the knighting in the UK are related, they are very different. Both were done with the information at the time.

I will not speak on this matter in this thread again. If you wish to continue this discussion, I ask again that we move it to a different thread or pm so questions on the ranks can continue without us distracting them.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #62952 by
Replied by on topic Re: Ranks: Council Announcement
I guess i dont know if i should be talking in here but i need clairifcation so when i decide to take on my owin apprentice that is off line i should still submit there work on here for others to view correct? And that is a requirement also right?

• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #62955 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Ranks: Council Announcement
We'll let you know. So far your apprentice would have to be

-Initiate
-Taken on as your apprentice according to the law.

Please read this:

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/home/policies/11-general-decrees-general-laws/1956-taking-an-apprentice-law

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/home/policies/11-general-decrees-general-laws/1961-rank-and-status-laws

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #62959 by
Well yeah i have all intentions of following the guide lines of totjo i was just wondering what the protocol was once they became an apprentice but if that is still being discused then i will wait for am offical answer

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #63010 by

Doriann wrote: Well yeah i have all intentions of following the guide lines of totjo i was just wondering what the protocol was once they became an apprentice but if that is still being discused then i will wait for am offical answer

As a general answer regarding someone's rank... (I quote you but am not addressing you directly)

If I ask you are you an Initiate (as in done the initiate's programme and are eligible for apprenticeship) and you say "Yes". I say "Prove it to me" (show me the records)

If you're an apprentice I say "Prove it to me"

If you're a knight I say "Prove it to me"

So Doriann if you take on an apprentice and you start training them I say "Prove it to me"

So that's the official protocol as far as I'm aware. Everyone (that is an official member of TOTJO or it's affiliates) needs proof so that's what the protocol is

Follow the laws and then provide proof at the end. After all that's what every training master here is doing already you just happen to not log in :) (doing it offline)

N.B this is not an official 'council sanctioned' statement so it may be worth double checking what I have said. But from my experience that's what I would do

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #63037 by
Thanks that all i needed to know when the time comes and I have any other questions i will make sure to ask just to make sure im doing the right thing B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #63435 by
Just to clarify the issue with the A.Div:

The Degree Qualification Scheme was originally set up to encourage people to continue their studies after reaching Knighthood, as well as to utilise the wealth of knowledge contained in the Forum. It has been recently decided that the format for the scheme would be useful in recording the minimum level of work expected to attain Knighthood.

So under the new system, to reach Knighthood then you must have fulfilled the requirements to be awarded the A.Div. You can then continue your studies with the rest of the scheme (B.Div and beyond) if you choose to do so.

I have updated the scheme info to reflect this change.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by . Reason: makes more sense now

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi