Ranks revision

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 7 months ago #33196 by Jon
Ranks revision was created by Jon
I have noticed that some member`s ranks are not that what it should be or are not even existent in their profiles. Although we do try the admins are limited in what they can do in the face of such numbers and fluctuation of members. So I ask that each member please PM myself or any admin to change any ranks if changes are needed. Thank you.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 7 months ago #33234 by
Replied by on topic Re:Ranks revision
it may help if we post a list of current and reasonably active admins for ease of tracking by the membership.

Anyway - as said - ask and ye shall receive :D

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 7 months ago #33240 by
For some time I've been thinking about the idea of a list of active admins to get ahold of for issues... Maybe I'll write something this week...

OOC this is what I have so far, am I missing anyone?

GM BR John
GM Kana Kana Seiko Haruki
Master fr Jon
Mark Anjuu
Jasper_Ward

Another idea, something I've used while working with groups in computer firms, is it possible to have an admin cluster that when someone PM or emails it forwards the mail to all admins

More
13 years 6 months ago #33297 by 666
Replied by 666 on topic Re:Ranks revision
sorry about this, but is with the intention to help.

rank members, can be done in several ways, you can create groups, and drop members there.

then we use the sign also to show, status of a member,

in joomla, there are several modules, than can be added, and drooping a user to that group, is gonna show, wherever you need, so you don't need to recreate a sign for every user... (this is independent on the rank that show, your post, and your status...

like I say, its only to help improving, the handling of the website, but, better than that is rebuild one with the same Database, but working... also with all the add ons on it...

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33306 by
this site has a group function but sadly it isnt quite as simple as drag n drop

also keep in mind the sheer volume of members we have - so a little patience is asked of all members in all matters.

To be blunt - things like sigs are not top priority - generally we get things done fast but sometimes we get a bit of a backlog.

I think the point of this thread is more along the lines of identifying who is in fact an admin - most of us are pretty ok at changing ranks etc.

Personally i prefer phpbb forums but joomla seem to do the job most of the time - we also have our own site manager who is a member here - just not on too often - you may have seen him on from time to time - its todd and he is the guy who fixes the tricky stuff etc (3 cheers or beers for todd :D )

Also - just because you havent seen a member on for time does not mean they have left - we have several members with admin power who are not on for various reasons - so my advice is if your desperate for an admin - pick one you have seen online (or has posted) very recently - one of us is on at least once a day - we are all just a pm/email/shoutbox scream away ;)

The problem (as i see it) with this site is that there are so many modules etc (on server side) that its almost set in its ways - we have and continue to explore changing the system but quite rightly, we are concerned with losing info.

Maybe oneday there will be a simple crossover procedure - but until then - i think its a case of the better the devil we know.

Could be worse - we could be back to our pre-server upgrade days when it took nearly 1 minute to load each page ;)

Cheers for the help etc folks and

MTFBWY - A

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 6 months ago #33314 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Ranks revision
Lol, actually I posted this thread to remind and enable members to have their ranks corrected or updated.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 6 months ago #33404 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Ranks revision
As per agreement of the Council all students taking the innitiates course have the rank of NOVICE. Please PM any admin for rank change if it has not been done so. (For admin: this rank has to be yet added).

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi