Zero Storm Suspension-3 Days

More
6 years 1 month ago #319121 by Rosalyn J
Hiya,

Many of you have probably seen that Zero Storm has been suspended. For someone who worked pretty closely with him, I am quite sad.. I will try to explain the reasoning as much as possible while protecting confidential information. Yesterday, I and the rest of Council was informed that Zero had too many posts in his IP that the vast majority of which is not his own words. The policy has been that if too many parts have that problem the journal is "soft deleted and the novice must post his/her lessons again. This has been the policy for 1.5 years

I explained the policy to Zero and said I would work with him to make sure his journal passed muster. I said that many times in the space of 24 hours I had worked with him on this issue. He began to feel singled out and attacked, which is not the intention of Council. We tried to make that clear, but he insisted. I asked him to take some time this week to clear his head and see if he wanted to give it a go again. I reminded him that I would work with him. He did not. He has been suspended for 3 days. Hopefully that will give him some time to think.

Those of you who are concerned we are leaving him without letting him know why, should know that directly after this post I will be emailing him

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #319122 by
Replied by on topic Zero Storm Suspension-3 Days
Thank you for letting everyone know why. I do hope he comes back with renewed vigour to tackle the IP, he'll be all the better as a Jedi for it. :)

And to Zero, cheering you on, bud! We know you can do it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #319123 by
Thank you for the clarification. Is it possible for the FAQs to include the procedures for IP checking? I don't know what a "soft delete" is, for example. This seems like unnecessary mystery. If there are policies, and they apply to the novice community, it would seem polite for us to be able to have access to them. It may be work now, but could save heartache later. (I have asked this elsewhere , sorry if I sound like a broken record).
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by . Reason: add link to other thread

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #319125 by
I hope he accepts the help the starts again. He's a really awesome guy!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #319134 by
Thanks Ros

More
6 years 1 month ago #319150 by steamboat28
After having spoken with zero_storm,I feel it warrants saying that he is taking this time off to completely rework his journal. He's excited to return as soon as he's able and to present his work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Carlos.Martinez3, Brick, , ,

More
6 years 1 month ago #319172 by Rosalyn J
Hi guys,

I really messed up here and I don't want there to be a wrong impression of Zero. What I said in regards to the issues with his journal was that in too many posts, the vast majority of the words were not his. That was wrong and I am sorry. What should have been written was that in those posts with issues between 30% and 40% of the words were not his. Further, it was brought to my attention that it may be inferred that Zero did not want my help. I have not seen that to be the case. I am sorry, for it seems that I have lied and hurt someone which has never been my intention.

I have been in contact with Zero. I still have 100% confidence in him and his capacity to be a great Jedi. We shall see him soon

Thanks

Ros

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Kit, Carlos.Martinez3, Brick, Rex

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi