Great document, thanks for posting!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #237092 by Rosalyn J
Woot woot!!!

Id be all about buying one

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 days ago #238013 by
Any suggestions for how we might print this?

More
8 years 4 days ago #238014 by MadHatter

Akkarin wrote: Any suggestions for how we might print this?

I am not sure if you got my PM but I had thought about that myself. There are sites like Lulu that offer printing for a modest fee.
https://www.lulu.com/?mid=~msem~cgoogle~aLulu_Dot_Com&s_kwcid=TC|1027418|lulu||S|p|52506396021&atrkid=V1ADW5FE5C432-8816825421-k-lulu-52506396021-p-g-m-1t1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwosK4BRCYhsngx4_SybcBEiQAowaCJXB1VNfSQq1xotAWicKDNnvZ2hmq9FZFjqlBtkKEASIaAtN68P8HAQ

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #238015 by Zenchi
How many copies will be printed? What's the demand? Do we plan on expanding beyond the target audience, namely the membership here. Kickstarter is a company that enables people to raise money to start projects, and it's rather well known. Lulu is a self publishing company, they'll publish anything, for a price. Something to think about if there is a desire to make more than handful of copies.
https://www.kickstarter.com
Https://www.lulu.com

Edit: See Manhatter beat me to it, lol...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
8 years 4 days ago #238020 by steamboat28
Lulu's fees are anything but modest.

If you're going to PoD, I'd look into either a very small company, or going with Amazon's CreateSpace. I used CreateSpace to self-pub my first book, and paid literally nothing for the pleasure of doing so, since I provided all the artwork and layout services myself. The only thing I had to shell out for was a proof copy of the book. If you lay it out right, you can sneak a Kindle edition into the KDP program, too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
8 years 4 days ago #238040 by Zenchi

steamboat28 wrote: Lulu's fees are anything but modest.

If you're going to PoD, I'd look into either a very small company, or going with Amazon's CreateSpace. I used CreateSpace to self-pub my first book, and paid literally nothing for the pleasure of doing so, since I provided all the artwork and layout services myself. The only thing I had to shell out for was a proof copy of the book. If you lay it out right, you can sneak a Kindle edition into the KDP program, too.

No disrail intended, you got books? Provide us with a link, or on the wall maby? Unless it's of course porongraphy or something, then, we'll,.... never mind. lol

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #238042 by steamboat28

Zenchi wrote: No disrail intended, you got books? Provide us with a link, or on the wall maby? Unless it's of course porongraphy or something, then, we'll,.... never mind. lol

Here's my poetry book on Amazon , and here it is on Smashwords , and here's a short story , too. I'm behind on my novels, non-fiction, and children's series, though.

Also, to keep the thread at least nominally on topic, I'd be happy to work with whoever is in charge of this project on understanding the options provided by CreateSpace, or on things like layout, proofing, etc.
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Jestor, Kit, Zenchi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi