• Adder
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • 7 minds, 5 trials and 3 pillars.
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #233469 by Adder
On behalf of the Council of the Temple of the Jedi Order this is to announce the removal of the requirement for the Simple Oath.

The Simple Oath or a personal version of it will be available now as an option for members. While no longer mandatory the Simple Oath or a personal pledge may be requested from an Initiate before commencing Apprenticeship at the discretion of the individual Teaching Master.

This change will not in any way invalidate the Oaths already taken by members. Taking immediate effect this announcement supersedes the last Simple Oath changes announced in December 2014 here .

Please note there may be a period of conflicting information in existing documentation while the changes are promulgated throughout the site. Thanks for your understanding with this. Also thank you to the membership for continued input into shaping the Temple and its future, and may the Force be with you!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, steamboat28, Jestor, , Proteus, Ben and 17 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #233471 by
Replied by on topic [Announcement] Simple Oath

Adder wrote: Please note there may be a period of conflicting information in existing documentation while the changes are promulgated throughout the site. Thanks for your understanding with this.

We're learning. :lol: I'm so happy I could give you all hug.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #233472 by
That's... incredible. :)

Thank you (and the Council) for all the hard work you do!

-Con

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #233479 by
This is fantastic. Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #233821 by
If you spot somewhere where you think the information is incorrect please let me know so it can be altered.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #233825 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic [Announcement] Simple Oath
Could we potentially get a little bit of clarification here?

I was personally under the impression that this:

Adder wrote: The Simple Oath or a personal version of it will be available now as an option for members. While no longer mandatory the Simple Oath or a personal pledge may be requested from an Initiate before commencing Apprenticeship at the discretion of the individual Teaching Master.

Invalidated this:

Members may wish to take a personal Jedi Oath (formulated in personal words), but a personal oath is not considered a valid and legal oath in the eyes of TotJO. Any pledge no matter in what form is a valid oath, no doubt, but it is not specific, in an official form, to the members who are Jedi here.

As it strictly applies to the Simple Oath.

As I read both parts, we have an announcement saying, for example, that an individual can post the Simple Oath using their username in lieu of their legal name and minus their birthdate; however the oath page continues to state that personalizing oaths in such a manner invalidates them in an official manner.

Obviously that manner no longer really matters, since the Simple Oath is no longer necessary... so I suppose asking for clarification is a bit of a pointless task (now that I think about it)....

I'm just wondering how the standing wording on the Oath page applies towards personalization of oaths, specifically the Simple Oath, given the wording of the announcement which says (in my reading) personalization is allowed, while the standing wording says no...

/rambling mess....

Also, as a quick tack on, Akkarin here ya go ;)

The Simple Oath

The "Simple Oath" is taken once members are familiar with the Jedi path and taking it is required if a member wishes to reach the rank of Initiate and make themselves available for Apprenticeship.

and

Simple Oath

One must have taken a valid Oath to be able to reach the rank of Initiate. Please include your real name and date of birth in the following formula:

Here

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #233828 by
Thank you.

Members may wish to take a personal Jedi Oath (formulated in personal words), but a personal oath is not considered binding in the eyes of TotJO.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #233830 by
So my understanding of this now is that people may take the Simple Oath as worded or a personalized variant of it, but neither one is required for any reason. This would mean that neither the Simple Oath as worded or the personalized variant are binding in the eyes of the Temple as neither one are a requirement for anything.

Is that correct?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #233831 by

Goken wrote: So my understanding of this now is that people may take the Simple Oath as worded or a personalized variant of it, but neither one is required for any reason. This would mean that neither the Simple Oath as worded or the personalized variant are binding in the eyes of the Temple as neither one are a requirement for anything.

Is that correct?

Yes.

More
8 years 1 week ago #233833 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic [Announcement] Simple Oath
Thank you for the clarification

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi