• Adder
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • 7 minds, 5 trials and 3 pillars.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #232113 by Adder
This is a formal announcement to say that the Council of the Temple of the Jedi Order has voted in favor of making adjustments to the wording on the ' Taking on an Apprentice Law '.

The Law remains located in the Articles under General Decrees (General Laws), but is shown here in full with its changes shown in bold:

1. When the prospective Teaching Master's former Teaching Master is not available the former Teaching Master can be substituted with a Councillor or any member with the rank of Knight who has trained to Knighthood at least one Apprentice. Contact Council Secretary for availability if needed.

2. A First-time Teaching Master must ask for guidance from their former Teaching Master regarding the challenges of taking on an Apprentice.

3. The prospective Teaching Master and Apprentice must discuss their potential future relationship and its implications before notifying anyone of their intentions.

4. The prospective Teaching Master must notify their former Teaching Master, or Council Secretary, who will arrange for a Councillor, who will:
-A. Check the good standing of both prospective teacher and apprentice. (contacting records would be necessary to check application)
-B. Ensure both are aware this is an "at-will" partnership which can be terminated by either party, preferably after mediation.

5. Final approval or disapproval by a Councillor, who through the Council Secretary, will notify Membership Affairs as well as the Former Teaching Master, who has the option to make a public announcement.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, J_Roz, Ben, Alexandre Orion, Kohadre and 5 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 weeks ago #232137 by
I don't remember ever seeing this decree before. Did I miss something? Has it been hiding in plain sight?

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #232153 by Edan
Those who are knights already can see this in the knights forum. Probably because the only people that need to know it are the knights.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #232155 by Ben
It has been publicly available as an 'article'.

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Ben.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #232159 by Edan
I don't think anyone below knight can find articles though. .

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #232160 by Ben
Link is in the OP, or here . Can non-Knights see it? Articles became much more difficult to find when we moved to the current version of the site - this might be something that we need to look at sometime? :)

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Ben.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #232161 by Edan
I believe people can view links when posted but they don't have the capacity to search for them. I remember akkarin posting something once and I was thinking 'where the hell is that'.

• Adder
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • 7 minds, 5 trials and 3 pillars.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #232162 by Adder
Like V-Tog, I'm unsure who can or cannot see the Articles. Have a look under the My TOTJO menu, for 'Article Manager', and if that opens look in category 'General Decrees (General Laws)';

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #232163 by Edan
Only knights can see that adder

Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #232166 by Ben
I think Licensed Ministers can access the Article Manager as well. That certainly used to be the case.

On the old website we had a link at the bottom of the site (where the links to the IP etc are) - if I remember correctly it was called something like 'Policies' - and that took you to a page with all of the Decrees/Laws etc (anyone who studied in the Seminary at the time when you had to study the Canon Laws will remember that!! ;) ). I don't know whether its omission from the new site was an oversight or intentional (I imagine the former?) but could we consider having it back?

I think there was also a link somewhere to the general 'Articles' page (different from the 'Article Manager' page), although sifting through all the articles ever written (which includes sermons) was always a bit laborious!

I feel like I'm derailing this thread now though...

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi