Changes to Simple Oath Wording

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #195772 by
Replied by on topic Changes to Simple Oath Wording

Jestor wrote:

CryojenX wrote: Oh, it might also be helpful in the Oath section that the FAQ links to were updated to mention the Take the Oath forum, rather than positing it in one's journal. :)

You cannot edit a post...

Sorry... Even we admin dont do it....

However, it should also say in the FAQ that the Oath is not needed until the completion of the IP....

Doesnt it? :lol:...

I just mean the page at http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/component/content/article/40-information/2078-the-oaths-of-temple-of-the-jedi-order doesn't reflect the current nature of the Take The Oath forum. I understand the old Journal Oaths are set in stone and valid, but it would still be nice if this info were up to date.... errrr unless it's the other way around.

At any rate, I took the oath not out of impatience. I meditated for quite some time before deciding to commit. The values that the order resonate with me in a way nothing else has. I have never taken such an oath before, so it was not something done lightly. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 9 months ago #195775 by Jestor
Well, that "post it as a response to your journal" is a new bit, and one I dont remember discussing in council... :whistle:

But procedures have changed, and I dont have to look at the m all, all by my lonesome anymore...;)

Good catch Cryo! :cheer:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #195779 by

Jestor wrote: Well, that "post it as a response to your journal" is a new bit, and one I dont remember discussing in council... :whistle:

I must have been the one who added it, since that article was written by me. I don't explicitly remember where it came from lol, but I think it was a result of changing the time at which it's required with the idea that Knights should now check an Initiate has completed the IP+Oath. If the Oath is taken at the end of the IP, or posted sometime before in the journal, once the work is done then the Knights will see this in the journal when they're checking the work.

CryojenX wrote: I understand the old Journal Oaths are set in stone and valid, but it would still be nice if this info were up to date.... errrr unless it's the other way around.

It's the forum which was out of date, the article is the "right" one.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

More
8 years 9 months ago #195783 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Changes to Simple Oath Wording

Akkarin wrote:

Jestor wrote: Well, that "post it as a response to your journal" is a new bit, and one I dont remember discussing in council... :whistle:

I must have been the one who added it, since that article was written by me. I don't explicitly remember where it came from lol, but I think it was a result of changing the time at which it's required with the idea that Knights should now check an Initiate has completed the IP+Oath. If the Oath is taken at the end of the IP, or posted sometime before in the journal, once the work is done then the Knights will see this in the journal when they're checking the work.

CryojenX wrote: I understand the old Journal Oaths are set in stone and valid, but it would still be nice if this info were up to date.... errrr unless it's the other way around.

It's the forum which was out of date, the article is the "right" one.

I do remember the thing about the journals because I closed the oath thread in the youth forum for that specific reason..

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #195840 by Alsa-him
[quote="Jestor" post=19577
However, it should also say in the FAQ that the Oath is not needed until the completion of the IP....
Doesnt it? :lol:...[/color][/quote]

it does say that

Emrys Barden
EB
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Alsa-him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Jestor

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #195858 by

Akkarin wrote: I must have been the one who added it, since that article was written by me. I don't explicitly remember where it came from lol, but I think it was a result of changing the time at which it's required with the idea that Knights should now check an Initiate has completed the IP+Oath. If the Oath is taken at the end of the IP, or posted sometime before in the journal, once the work is done then the Knights will see this in the journal when they're checking the work.

Just to add, by no means does this have to be the case of course, if people have other ideas then we can do whatever :)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 9 months ago #195859 by Jestor

Akkarin wrote:

Akkarin wrote: I must have been the one who added it, since that article was written by me. I don't explicitly remember where it came from lol, but I think it was a result of changing the time at which it's required with the idea that Knights should now check an Initiate has completed the IP+Oath. If the Oath is taken at the end of the IP, or posted sometime before in the journal, once the work is done then the Knights will see this in the journal when they're checking the work.

Just to add, by no means does this have to be the case of course, if people have other ideas then we can do whatever :)

lol, hell, I could been the one you talked with, lol...

I just dont remember, and as I used to be the one to verify them all, I woulda thought I'd have remembered, :lol:...

No sweat!

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi