Access Forum Changes (Refined)

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #165234 by Proteus
Hello Temple.

After extensive feedback given by various members over the temple and just as extensive discussion between the councilors and knights, we have refined the recent changes to general forums access in an effort to improve flexibility and consideration toward the matter.

The original general discussions has been restored as globally accessible and moved from the general forum area to the new members area and renamed to "Open Discussions". The Guest Discussion forum has now been renamed to "Member Discussions and moved to the Chambers forum area only viewable by members and up. There will be various threads from the Jediism forum moved into Open Discussions for everyone involved in those discussions to freely resume.

Update: Member Discussions are now moved into the General Forum area, viewable only by temple members and up.

As these changes have, from the start, intended to evolve step by step slowly over time according to what our viewers and posters request, we would like to thank every one of you who have submitted their concerns and ideas. These adjustments have had every one of you explicitly in mind so that you may converse and explore topics both controversial and otherwise in as fluent and free manner as possible without discouraging those who are more sensitive to these factors.

The current state of changes according to this post will not be the final state, only a step in the direction that reflects the state of integrity and stability that we all wish to experience as a temple. Please continue to share your ideas and thoughts so we can continue in that direction together.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Proteus. Reason: Update: Member Discussions are now moved into the General Forum area, viewable only by temple members and up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Jestor, J_Roz, rugadd, Alexandre Orion and 6 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #165240 by Rosalyn J
I'd like to be the first to say that I really appreciate what you all have done and I hope this one works out a little better. If not, maybe we can tweek it

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor

More
9 years 5 months ago #165276 by Amaya
I have read this as I'm sure others have. It is a step forward and thank you to everyone involved.
Your efforts are appreciated.
If this is not final then in my opinion a separate posting forum for members is good but why not give everyone full access to all other forums? Such as Jediism?
That way we stay an open Temple and have a 'safe' space for those that feel its necessary ?
Why still keep certain areas closed and move posts? I don't understand the intention behind that.

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #165283 by
Replied by on topic Access Forum Changes (Refined)
You will probably not hear this much, since its obviously there are a few people, (and this is just my personal opinion on the situation) who just look for something to complain about. So I just wanted to say this.

To all the knights, Council members, etc, thank you for sacrificing your time for us and the Temple. For making this a great place to be for fellowship and knowledge. You all might not hear it that much but don't think it goes unnoticed or unappreciated.

May the Force be with you all

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 5 months ago #165298 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Access Forum Changes (Refined)
I gather no-one noticed that the chambers section is not accessible to members, and so there's no way to browse to the new members forum from the forum index.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #165326 by
I am unable to see it also, and I'm a novice. Is that something I'm supposed to be able to see?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #165328 by

Goken wrote: I am unable to see it also, and I'm a novice. Is that something I'm supposed to be able to see?

Yes, not being able to see it is an error that will be corrected shortly, though at this time there aren't actually any posts in there lol.

More
9 years 5 months ago #165390 by Proteus
The OP has been edited with an update.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #165412 by
As I opposed the initial changes I would just like to show my appreciation to the Knights for their efforts with this refinement and to make TOTJO a better place for all of us. I very much understand that you have a difficult task to manage the desires and expectations of so many and I thank you for not hardening your hearts and for listening to the voices of the lower ranks as well as the higher.

I sincerely hope that this new solution, or some variation thereof, proves to be successful. I am very hopefull for there is more to a name than their appears. Time tells all things.

Also thank you to those higher ranks who take the time to create and discuss topics with those below them. Though it may go unappreciated you act as mentors and guides to beginners like myself. Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166688 by
I am one exercise away from finishing the entire IP the way it was written a couple years ago. Other then having switched to doing the "Mindwalk" review instead of the McTaggart Book review I will be finishing it as it was before. Hopefully it will be acceptable as finishing this IP has been a goal for quite a long time. I've reviewed the changes and they do make sense; just a bit too late for me to desire to reedit my entire journal.

Hopefully that's acceptable. and I should be finished with the IP by end of October (Hopefully by end of tonight!!!)

I'll review my journal before submitting it and in case I forgot to post something I will do so; thank you all for the help through out the years.

I look forward to,after many years, being an initiate very very soon! :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi