MJ Hannigan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162752 by
Replied by on topic MJ Hannigan

Firewolf wrote: I am wondering if Hannigan is able to have a conversation with anyone without having to resort to insult or petty attacks in order to reinforce his argument.

Of course he is. I've seen it many times. It's just, those are normal and aren't remembered. haha.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162757 by
Can and certainly does. Passions run high when it comes to how we view the way. I have spoken with Mr. Hannigan Personally and he is indeed remorseful, and wanting to reestablish communication. He is willing to accept censure and move forward. However, he can and will speak for himself in these regards.

Instead of unification and consolidated direction, let us first strive for mutual inclusion. Us and them is not the way things should be. We should build on our commonalities first then, when our differences are not so raw, we can seek to bring our paths closer together.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #162759 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic MJ Hannigan

Andy Spalding wrote: Can and certainly does. Passions run high when it comes to how we view the way. I have spoken with Mr. Hannigan Personally and he is indeed remorseful, and wanting to reestablish communication. He is willing to accept censure and move forward. However, he can and will speak for himself in these regards.

Instead of unification and consolidated direction, let us first strive for mutual inclusion. Us and them is not the way things should be. We should build on our commonalities first then, when our differences are not so raw, we can seek to bring our paths closer together.

From what I have seen and experienced, there are less differences than people seem to think, but so much noise about them and their labels, that the overwhelming parallels of our paths are often made to seem irrelevant in the drive to show one path as more "right" than another.

Passion about our paths, indeed. A virtue in my opinion. Avid undermining of the paths of other, is not passion.

I believe in compassion and second chances not only because it is right, but because I believe all people have the ability to grow.

I would ask though, how many times do you offer your hand for the same bite?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Llama Su

More
9 years 6 months ago #162760 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic MJ Hannigan
He's only remorseful because he can no longer use the temple for his promitional advertising. Let him cool his heels for a month, or two and then perhaps he will have truly learned something of value...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Llama Su, Tarran

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162761 by

Brenna wrote: I would ask though, how many times do you offer your hand for same bite?

I am a Tyr's man. Through and through. I am the kind of guy that offers it till they bite it off. One Who gives till there is nothing left to give for that they deem worthy.

Attachment h7681eed.gif not found

Attachments:

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #162763 by Brenna
Then you are a better man than I Andy.

If I understand the mythology correctly, Tyr offered his hand in order to ensure that Fenrir was subdued. A sacrifice to protect the others from the wolf .

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, rugadd, Tarran

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162765 by
Perhaps also to protect the wolf from himself...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162766 by
That question is weighted powerfully as who or what you view as the wolf.

I don't equate Hannigan as Fenris. This "community" and it's interactions are what bite me. Each and every Jedi is a tooth.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 6 months ago #162767 by Brenna

Andy Spalding wrote: That question is weighted powerfully as who or what you view as the wolf.

I don't equate Hannigan as Fenris. This "community" and it's interactions are what bite me. Each and every Jedi is a tooth.

No, I don't either. I feel that the behavior is the wolf, never a person. I guess I'm trying to understand it from your perspective.

Were it me, there is a limit to how many times I would allow something to bite me or others willfully. At some point, it is no longer a mistake, it becomes a choice.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162768 by
If a Jedi, or many Jedi, bite, perhaps they should reconsider there position as a Jedi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi