Announcement regarding groups

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120349 by
Replied by on topic Announcement regarding groups

Learn_To_Know wrote: What would you like to teach me, sidvkili?

I'm listening...

right... well I can't teach you anything, nor is that my place. I can give you all the lessons I want but there is not a single guarantee you'll take one of them. ( lessons taken > lessons given). Ultimately you teach yourself.

And I wasn trying to teach you, just saying that with the right word you took an observation to fit your perception. And I changed it to show you mine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120350 by

Wescli Wardest wrote: .

I like Trains!!!!!

Attachment h081fc12.JPG not found

in highschool, steam engines was a nickname for bongs. XD

is there something you wanna share?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120351 by

Wescli Wardest wrote: .

I like Trains!!!!!

Attachment h081fc12.JPG not found

That beard looks good on you WW.

:lol:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120352 by

sidvkili wrote:

Learn_To_Know wrote: What would you like to teach me, sidvkili?

I'm listening...

right... well I can't teach you anything, nor is that my place. I can give you all the lessons I want but there is not a single guarantee you'll take one of them. ( lessons taken > lessons given). Ultimately you teach yourself.

And I wasn trying to teach you, just saying that with the right word you took an observation to fit your perception. And I changed it to show you mine.

Scoff if you wish at my desire to learn, but I'm serious. I've obviously said something that ticked you off (were you in the Obsidian Knights group or something?) And I'm wondering what it is...

And I agree 100% that you teach yourself. But I'm also not so arrogant to think I wouldn't learn something from you.

Reading some of your posts...you and I are more similar than you think; it's probably why we don't like each other, :laugh:

(I say that tongue-in-cheek; I have nothing against you, but it sounded funny.)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120353 by
The Obsidian knights was a sith group led by Zenchi. It was his angsty little community where he reigned with such indecision and insecurity, I actually laugh when I think about it lol.

And you missed my point while actually covering it, nice job. My point is, I'm not trying to teach you at all. If you learn something, good for you but my intention wasn't to teach you.

My intention was to challenge your judgement of the group system. They served a purpose and going from what I've seen of the current groups, they still serve the same purpose. They are basically another form of the SIG's. It looks like the same thing to me : organising jedi according to an interest and approaching the jedi way with that.

And to be honest, I really couldn't care less about the groups here. I was just challenging the thought you presented because you either obviously didn't account for it or you did and disregarded it, no matter how stupid you looked.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120355 by
I see...

Thanks for the explanation and your kind words.

• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 5 months ago #120364 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Announcement regarding groups
The forum design mirrors the order's organization. Its purpose is neither to unite or divide, its functions are many: organize topics by subject, provide meeting places for people in a similar situation. That's why we have council forums, security forums, knight forums, teaching forums. Which aren't accessible to, say, initiates.

We have forum access based on rank, because ranks are different (different meaning, different roles), and not equals. We have forums based on topic types, because different things are... different.

It has been proven that separating boy and girls in education was beneficial (especially to boys, but girls also), as such, is it discrimination to separate them? Or is it common sense?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi