People's delicate sensitivites....

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9119 by
I just read this on yahoo news. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? This is taking political correctness to a new level of stupidity. If Santa Claus' famous laugh offends you, you have some other serious issues that need to be dealt with. Before long everything will be taboo because it \"hurts someones feelings...:(\". What's next? The Easter Bunny gonna be pegged as a possible child molester because he's a stranger and gives kids candy? I usually don't post stuff like this, but this was way too stupid for me not to share.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional \"ho ho ho\" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say \"ha ha ha\" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use \"ho ho ho\" because it could frighten children and was too close to \"ho\", a US slang term for prostitute.

\"Gimme a break,\" said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

\"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that \"ho, ho, ho\" has any other connotation and nor should they,\" she told the Telegraph.

\"Leave Santa alone.\"

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was \"misleading\" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9121 by
this is something to be honest i never thought i would read. this is very stupied and people are going after this because its an easy target. these people will not have my support in this case.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9122 by
Three words oh my gosh, could someone find a better use of time on this planet, Santa's hearty laugh is not offensive and someone who thinks that has there mind in the gutter or did not get the toy they wanted when they were little, leave poor Santa alone.

mojiimoto Jedi - Padawan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9123 by
Justice wrote:

I just read this on yahoo news. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? This is taking political correctness to a new level of stupidity. If Santa Claus' famous laugh offends you, you have some other serious issues that need to be dealt with. Before long everything will be taboo because it \"hurts someones feelings...:(\". What's next? The Easter Bunny gonna be pegged as a possible child molester because he's a stranger and gives kids candy? I usually don't post stuff like this, but this was way too stupid for me not to share.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional \"ho ho ho\" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say \"ha ha ha\" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use \"ho ho ho\" because it could frighten children and was too close to \"ho\", a US slang term for prostitute.

\"Gimme a break,\" said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

\"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that \"ho, ho, ho\" has any other connotation and nor should they,\" she told the Telegraph.

\"Leave Santa alone.\"

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was \"misleading\" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

Now that's just absurd....Oy Vey

~Br. Tom
Servant of the Servants of the Force

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9124 by
OMG...this HAS to be a joke!

I am just WAITING for someone to be OFFENDED about somone being OFFENDED by what someone was OFFENDED about...

This is just indicative of the society that we live in today. People will always whine about something, somewhere. However, it's funny to me that the ones whining have things like, I dunno...food, water, the TIME to worry about Santa's Laugh...

For a fast grammar lesson:

\"Ho\" n. (hoe) - the Ebonic/Urban/Ghetto Gagsta term synonymous with \"whore\". Typically rendered toward females, this is a deliberate mispronunciation, and is generally considered vulgar and insultive.

Therefore, the offended parties are in err. They are being offended over something that exists only in their perverted minds. Santa is, I am SURE, VERY well spoken and quite literate. After all, he can circumnavigate the ENTIRE globe using flying mammals, find the precise address of, and thus stealthily penetrating and deposting materials to, EVERY *good* child in the world. Anyone that can do THAT...I am certain that he is at LEAST a high school graduate, and is at minimum, well-versed and well-spoken.

BTW: Santa...please *define*...\"good\"?!?!

;-)

More
16 years 5 months ago #9126 by Garm
Ok, This is absurd. I for one am quite sick of hearing this bull****. We in the western world have become that most apologetic, watch what we say in case it upsets someone race. Every other word can be miss-construed as an insult or derogatory remark to someone, or some group. Yes we should be respectful but it has spread to almost everything we do, every holiday, every event. It's way out of hand.

In our schools they have to say Happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas. and this is I'm sure that this is the tip of the iceburg.

Personally I celebrate all our traditional hoildays the way that they have been observed for over 100 years of our history, I'm damn proud of our traditions we follow here at home in Canada and those of my friends in the USA and in Europe, and if Ho, ho, ho offends anyone....

TO BAD!!!!!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9127 by
When I filed our articles of incorporation I put in that the corporation would come into existence at a later date (which Texas allows) so our actual date of incorporation is December 25, 2005 and that is our official anniversary.

It's almost two years now so in one year we will help facilitate the Jedi Ministers in OZ to be able to conduct the first legal Jedi weddings there.

M (Br. John+)

More
16 years 5 months ago #9134 by Garm
Good Brothers & Sisters of the Temple,

I would like to make a correction to my earlier post in this thread.

I used the word “race” where I should have used the word “society”. Looking back the original post it was a poor choice of wording on my part.

My point is that if we continue to be polite and allow things like this to happen, eventually we will be forced to celebrate our traditions behind closed doors so as to not offend anyone.

Funny how we can defend the rights of others to practice and enjoy their traditions but allow our own to be tread upon. I realize that the example presented on this thread is not from an external source, but the same rational applies.

Just my two cents worth…

MTFBWUA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9137 by
That's rigt brother you speak the truth.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 5 months ago #9138 by Neaj Pa Bol
This is just my humble opinion so please don't take it as fact, etc. We live in a World where because of free speech, freedom of religion, and many other freedoms in most of the world, People have been developing their own thoughts, beliefs, etc.

Let's face it. No matter where, what, etc., someone will have an opinion that idividually develops... or...

Some folks tend to follow a group or organizational opinion because they are a part of that following.

We will have to face this no matter what. Just like many of us know that being Jedi and following the Jedi way to some will think it is a joke or living in fantasy because of the Films. For they are not open-minded yet.

The only way I see this world getting on past the blockade of negative opinions is a way beyond view yet.

Santa's Ho Ho Ho may be the continuing start of taking simple ideals and traditions away, much like it was and still is with religious icons during the holidays. Soon will be Easter, not just because of Peter Cotontail being put on the chopping block but the ever so and also relation to a religious day. And soforth for other holidays.

Things are changing, many of us disagree that it's not that bad yet, but in this world where those of minority voices sound louder than the majority, we will have to see what the challenges and outcomes are.....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi