Radio Interwiew - Email Sent To Me

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2198 by
This is an enquiry e-mail via http://templeofthejediorder.org from:
Ryan McDonald <ryan@nowmediacorp.com>

Hello. I co-host an internet radio show called \"Nerdvana\" on the nowlive.com network, Fridays from 2 - 3pm Pacific time. We would love to have you on as a guest to talk about the Temple of the Jedi Order: membership, more about the Temple, press you've received, etc.

Please take a look at the site: www.nowlive.com and let me know if you would like to come on the show or if you have any questions. My personal email is: ryanthemighty@gmail.com

Thank you for your time,
-Ryan McDonald

NowLive.com combines the best elements of social networking with broadcasting by empowering anyone to host live, interactive talk shows from a regular telephone. It's like a live radio show, but with an interactive social network built in. NowLive's free membership provides Bloggers, My Spacers, Podcasters and many others with the ability to host their own live show off their blog or from NowLive.com. But unlike traditional radio, these live broadcasts are completely interactive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2200 by
Well I think you should do it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2202 by
John Henry Phelan
to ryanthemighty

show details
May 15 (19 hours ago)
Hello I'm Br. John Henry Phelan the founder and Sr. Pastor at TempleOfTheJediOrder.org

I'd be happy to do an interview. We are a real church and our ministers conduct weddings in the United States just like any priest, rabbi or other minister.

You can look us up in the public record here: http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/Index.html

Very truly yours,

Br. John

Ryan McDonald
John Henry Phelan

11:06 am (1½ hours ago)
Terrific! We have an opening June 8th at 2:40pm PST for an interview if that works for you. My co-host Nar and I would like to get ordained on the air if possible. If you have any promotional materials, we'd happily pass them onto our listeners and talk up your order as well.

Thank you,
-Ryan

So, members, any suggestions?

Br. John

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2203 by
I think it sounds like a great idea. Not to mention it would get the site out there a little more, and possibly inflate membership for a while atleast. Judging by the things they pressumably cover on thier cast it doesn't seem like it would be some sort of bashing on your beliefs. If it were me, I'd do it, but its not, so its up to you Br. John.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2204 by
if nothing else it may help generate a bit of revenue if you talk about the store. That might help with the monthly bills. my only concern would be the influx of people who may join just as a gag. but we run that risk no matter what we do dont we. so i still say go for it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2227 by
Might as well. It could be good for the Order.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2235 by
yes...i say go for it

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2246 by
I deffentaly think that this would be good for the Order it would get us and Jediisum out their and we will get new belivers. great idea.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2256 by
i also think this interview should be a good idea, however to Ordain these guys on the air, it seems they are only doing this as a gag and not serious. perhaps they should be encouraged to join us as registered users and go through some training and after that Ordain them on the air. this way it would take some time and we get more exposure as well as the public sees we are serious and not just another online Ordination machine. after all it says this on the front page of our site dosen't it?

\"A member may request a Ministers License and then legally conduct marriages and other religious ceremonies. The Temple has a certification program and gives credit for prior learning and on the job experience. We certify that you have completed a course of training and / or have the knowledge to be a Minister of The Force.
This is not a click and be instantly ordained minister's license\"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2260 by
Very good point, Bylar. I forgot to mention that in my first reply about this.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi